Something every driver should read

Since my own hide (God forbid) may someday be at risk, I fully support the idea of training the turn workers! If there's anything we racers can do to further this discussion into actual happening, we should be doing it.
I would love to donate my gloves--been trying to fit new ones into the race budget (car parts to make car run came first). I'll get them to you when I get new ones.

Regarding the earlier DT discussion--I would love to see DTs have at minimum, a strong recommendation for 100% cotton clothes--underwear/bra/socks, long pants and long-sleeve shirt; leather shoes and gloves. I know it's not perfect, but it's better than no coverage and it's rediculous to expect first-timers to buy a full suit. I also would not make it a requirement, as then we'd have to check every garment--yeah, right.
We could also provide more info and encouragement to repeat HPDE'ers to get a nomex suit, and HANS whenever possible.
No one with harnesses should ever run without a HANS--it's just dumb.

Unfortunately King County got really sticky about open fires, especially the training fires we did at Tukwila FD, back in the nineties. Add certain other Puget Sound agencies and we were banned from doing them. It is very good training, but the question is Where? I wonder if we could build a simulator using propane? Clean fire, no particulates. Just a thought...

Kerry, I would think PR would be the perferct venue for fire training, and their people could be invited to take part.

Back