So . . . what happened at the banquet?

I wasn't able to make it - fill me in on the happenings. Did .B ekiM play nice?

Mike was his usual self, only more so. He did a brief description of each class before trophies were awarded for the class. Brief except when he was talking about RS - that went on to 3 pages of Power Point bullet items, mostly about the typical RS driver profile (smart, handsome, irresistible to women, etc).

Worker of the year: Roger (whose last name I don't know - sorry) from BC
Novice of the year: John McDermott
Driver of the year: Mike Olsen

All three offered heartfelt and sincere remarks. You shoulda' been there Jim.

Salomon!

That's Roger's last name - congratulations my friend, well-deserved! You may not recognize the name, but you'd definitely know him to see him ... an ageless little squirt with boundless energy and a blue and white cap! He's been volunteering since before I was born (heh) ... and in fact was responsible for bringing me and countless others into the fold!

And Mike - a perfect choice! Well done you too!

To John, while I don't recognize the name right now, I know I will in the future - congratulations!

Congratulations to all from a fellow ICSCC member in Charlotte, NC that couldn't make the banquet.

Most especially my dear friend, John McDermott!! WooHoo!!

He's got race cars in one ear, and out the other
Roger.jpg
Roger 'Marbles' Solomon, TPFD

Congratulations!

Last edited:
And inaugural winner of the "Workers Choice" Michael McAleenan #3 really really fast Bimmer

Thanks to Rick Delamare for donating this new perpetual award and for helping with the presentation.

And inaugural winner of the "Workers Choice" Michael McAleenan #3 really really fast Bimmer

Thanks to Rick Delamare for donating this new perpetual award and for helping with the presentation.

Congrats to All the winners. NEXT year I'll come and see myself :smile:

...and the inaugural winner of a most coveted award (I hope). Michael McAleenan. A great representation of a driver and a man. He's an awesome driver and a really nice person. His car seems to float above the track completely effortlessly. He has a really cute dog too!

When all the votes were tallied it was acutally very close between 2 drivers and Michael got it by a nose.

With as many drivers as we had to choose from, this was interesting.
So let's see what happens next year.

I thought Mike B. won all catagories? The way he was carrying on I will NEVER forget that RS class. But it will sure make next years points chase easier when Mike wins all of them.

Thanks to Mike B. for emceeing. Mike definitely keeps things interesting. It takes some work to keep an awards ceremony from getting boring :)

Congratulations to Mike O., Mike M., John, and Roger. You definitely deserved to be chosen for your awards.

Congrats also to all the trophy winners. It takes alot of work (tows, $, talent, ... :) ) to get to that spot.

Thanks again to those who work so hard to put on our races: ICSCC officials, stewards, race chairs and registrars, drivers services, timing and scoring (!), race control and flaggers, grid, trophies, ...

Back