Sad News - Frank Manley

Richard Broadhead

Flag & Com
Just got E-mail that Frank Manley passed away a little after midnight Sunday morning. Frank was a beacon of SCCA racing with over 50 years as a driver and then race Steward. The sight of him and his wife, Joan in drivers services for SCCA and SOVREN will be sorely missed :( :(

Last edited:
Sad news. I have know Frank and his wife Joan for 30 years. He got to do racing the world over at many high levels before the big money took over. He will be missed. RIP Frank.

R

Frank and his wife, Joan, have been regulars in the SCCA paddock for many years. Frank was always ready to drop what he was doing (and let Joan continue to do it for him!) while he told exotic stories of his racing exploits over the years. Like Rick said, he raced in many cars in many countries, even rubbing elbows with Enzo Ferrari. When he grew too old to compete, he gave back to the sport with so much time and energy. He was the ultimate car guy. I will miss him.

This is really sad, I have know the Manley's over 26 yrs. He thought us all a alot and had a lot of great story's to tell.
Frank also did a lot with conferance and help to bring the AMB system to the north west.
They moved to Kansas City, Mo in November to be family. Joan can be reached at 501 W. 10th St #320, Kansas City, Mo. 64114.

I too am sadden by this. Frank and Joan used to watch over my brother and I in the late 60’s as youngsters at the track.
They were also regulars at my Father’s Annual Family and Friend’s Christmas Party for over 40 years.
Great people.
God Speed Frank.

Vale Frank, may you rest in peace.

Condolences to Joan.

The two of them were some of the very first folks I met upon my arrival to Seattle many years ago. I have never forgotten their kindness - nor Frank's tales and Joan's tolerance of him telling - and retelling - them.

Back