Rx-7 / Pro-7 Downsizing!

DavidG

I have three Rx-7/Pro-7 race cars and really only need one so I am interested in selling any two of the three. All cars have Conference log books.

'81 - Red, was #08, then #406 driven by me once at ORP. Yep, this is the one that got hit in the right rear, but most damage was just to the rear axle which has already been replaced, and I have the quarter panel ready to be welded in place to finish up the repairs. This one has a fuel cell, racing radiator, brake proportioning valve, fire suppression system, nice gauges and tach, adjustable camber plates, GC suspension, nice cage. I paid $2,900 without an engine...so I would like to ask $2,500 as-is without engine, $2,900 with quarter panel repair finished and no engine, $3,500 with "possibly a Yaw" engine that has seen several seasons.

'82 - Black, was #22, but hasn't raced in over 10 years, basically a tub with nice 8pt cage, no engine/drive train, roller on stock suspension. $500

'83 - Red/Yellow, #406, was my novice car and my backup after I wrecked #08. It was an autocross champ last year in SCCA STS class. This one is in the best shape currently. Believe it or not it has the original engine with 236k miles on it. Yep never been apart, never been out of the car (according to the guy I bought it from). It has headers and exhaust that is welded all the way to the tips. It has the Autopower bolt-in cage, Kirkey seat, GT Grant removable steering wheel, adjustable camber plates, and GC suspension. $2500

Also have LOTS of spares...engine, trannys, drive lines, rims, tires, carbs, dizzys, etc.

All cars and spares are in an RV storage located in North Plains, OR (about 30-45mins from PIR), so if anybody is interested in checking them out this weekend while at PIR please let me know and I'll take you out there!

David George
503-349-3662
dbgeorge4.0@gmail.com

Last edited:
Bump? Sold the '82 Black, and am pretty sure I want to keep the '83, so that still leaves the '81 for sale. I haven't had the quarter panel welded and want to keep that engine so would let it go for $2,000 as-is no engine. This one has all the best components, nice gauges, removable wheel, MOMO seat pedals and steering wheel, nice 8 pt cage, fuel safe, Tokico Illuminas, GC springs, adjustable camber plates, fire suppression system, brake proportioning valve, front strut tower bar, yada yada. This was A. Carton's then J. Bizzell's old car.

Here are some pics of the '81 Rx-7 that I still have for sale...
IMG_3513.JPGIMG_3511.JPGIMG_3529.JPGIMG_3514.JPGIMG_3522.JPG

Well estimates have ranged from $1,000 to $1,500 to repair the quarter panel on this car so I've decided just to part it out. I will probably keep some of the goodies like the gauges, but would be interested in offers for the fire suppression system, suspension, fuel safe, cage(?), etc. Maybe make it a chump car?

Back