Pros & Joes 2015: Mixing it up at ORP!

Hi folks!

• Do you run in ST, PRO3 or SPEC E46?
• Do you want to know how fast your car really could go at ORP?
• Have you ever wanted to hire a coach but it was too cost prohibitive?
• Do you want to compete in the best race ever conceived at ORP (I’ll explain below)?

If the answer to these questions is yes then sign up to participate in the 2015 Pros & Joes race at the ORP Double in May 2015. We are expecting one of the best Professional driver turn outs we’ve had in years and are looking for participating drivers to partner them up with.

The format is simple. You sign up for the race. Dan Rogers will pair you up with a Pro who will drive with you in the one hour enduro at ORP. You bring the car, the Pro bring their skills (driving and coaching). The rest of the agreement (damage, fuel, tires, brakes etc.) is up to you and your Pro (but typically the Joe covers most of the cost). You could also allow them to sign up for other run groups for extra coaching should your car be able to run in more than one (for example, PRO3 in Group 5 under EIP or SE46 in Group 1 under SPM).

Why is it the best race ever conceived at ORP? Well, for the first time the one hour race will run in BOTH directions! The opening driver will drive one direction (TBD) and compete for position. At a specified time (also TBD) the safety car will be deployed and bring the entire field in for the mandatory two minute pit stop. Once everyone is in, driver changes have occurred, the pits will be reopened and the closing driver will compete for the win driving the opposite direction. Crazy and brilliant in my opinion! One final note on this, it's proposed pending final review. This shouldn't be the reason you sign up but if it happens it'll make the race even more fun!

The best part is the strategy aspect. Will your Pro have enough time to learn both directions before the race? Will you know a direction better? Who starts? Who finishes? Will advantages be enhanced or equalized by the direction change?

At this point I’m sure you are wondering “how do I sign up?” Just email Dan Rogers (drogers@epsinc.com) and he’ll start working on the parings.

If you have any questions, please comment below.

Thanks!

James & Dan (well, mostly Dan)

Last edited:
Just a quick update. This race will be happening but only in one direction after some recent changes to the approach. While this would have been a great experience, the Pros and Joes is still running, arguable still as attractive as ever and something that I encourage folks to sign up for.

Thanks!

James

Who's coming???

So the list of Pro's coming to ORP for the race 5/22-5/23 is starting to shape up:

James Clay (BimmerWorld)
Seth Thoman (NextLevel European)
Andrie Hartanto (BimmerWorld, and SCCA National Champion)
Tyler Cooke (Bimmerworld)
Dave Thilenius (Compass 360 and current Rotek Racing 24 Hours of Nurburgring pilot!)
Adam Isman (Rennsport1)
Jon Miller (Rennsport1)

There are a couple of maybe's, depending on how LeMans testing goes (how cool is that?!), and some other testing and Pirelli World Challenge schedules.

I expect we'll see the local guys who are in and out of the Pro series when they get a change, but are still great at setting up cars, are fast in them, and are great communicating to the "Joes" tips on how to go faster - Ted Anthony Jr., Andrew Newell, and James Colborn. Holler if you are planning on driving with one of these guys, or if you want to, and we'll try to set it up.

It should be a good crowd this year. If you want in, I still have slots left for PRO3, ST, and SE46 drivers. Let me know - sooner than later.

ORP is always worth the trek, but it'll make it even better if you're running the race with a Pro helping set up your car, and go over data with you for the enduro and a sprint race!

dan

The CRXs are entering this! They have Hondas in Germany right?! I didn't read any supps that say only German cars can enter.

This should be fun!

:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Back