Possible Seat available for Portland 12 hrs in last years winning car.

>>Possible seat in last years overall winning Porsche 996 may be available, we have a strong driver lineup and have finished every endurance race we have entered in the last 4 years including the last 3 Daytona 24hrs.<<

Steve:

Although I've just almost emptied my "crazy money bucket", ..... (just bought a very pretty 996) What would it cost to "participate" in the Portland 12 hour enduro and drive one of your magnificent 996's?

"J.C."

What 996? What happened to the red car purchase you told me about?

BTW, the 12 hour was last week-end dude.

Wes, I think JC is asking for next year so he can reload his "Crazy Money Bucket"

It's kinda like the 4 R's of Motorsports......Race....Reduce.....Reload........Repeat

Wes, I think JC is asking for next year so he can reload his "Crazy Money Bucket"

It's kinda like the 4 R's of Motorsports......Race....Reduce.....Reload........Repeat

Lynn:

You forgot the fifth R of Motosports; ......................... REFINANCE.

To have the privilege and opportunity to race one of Bullet's Porsches, I would be willing to REFINANCE my house, my airplanes, my Porsche, my .........?

I'll come up with something or anything to that........

I look forward to seeing you and Thomas at the banquet.

What 996? What happened to the red car purchase you told me about?

BTW, the 12 hour was last week-end dude.

Wes:

It was close, very close. I actually sat there in the show room with my check book on hand. It took a tremendous amount of restraint not to buy it.

I decided at the last minute not to buy the 348ST. I learned that owning a Ferrari is very expensive. I learned that replacing a timing belt every 15,000 miles, would require removing the engine from the car and writing a check for $4,500.00 to the ****arelli Brothers; .................... the local Ferrari experts. Owning and driving a Ferrari would cost approximately a Dollar per mile.

Besides, a red Ferrari driven by a Cuban is automatically assumed to be stolen and I would not only have to prove my citizenship, but proof of ownership at every traffic stop.

I did buy a very nice Carrera; my retirement present. I love this car. It is sexy and fast and it has every conceivable after market "goodie". This car, in my opinion, has to be the nicest 996 I have ever seen.

The only bad thing; ............ no trunk space. The trunk is filled with amplifiers, phone system equipment, radar detector equipment, etc. It is difficult to fit a single bottle of Salsa in the trunk area.

Did I tell you? .................... I love this car!!

Love and kisses;

"J.C."

Sounds awesome for sure Captain, good job of taking that rather than the 348 although I think you'd look great tooling around in that ride - with your green card at your side!

Lynn I think he inhaled too much salsa and thought the enduro was this week-end! That's my guess and I'm sticking to it!

Hey JC, didn't they tell you at the dealership that you have to hire a taxi for your luggage and salsa? Its probably in the owners manual. See you at the banquet. And remember to lock up the car, Adam will probably be there, so it won't be safe.

Hey JC, didn't they tell you at the dealership that you have to hire a taxi for your luggage and salsa? Its probably in the owners manual. See you at the banquet. And remember to lock up the car, Adam will probably be there, so it won't be safe.

Rob:

Although he doesn't look smart, I am convinced that Adam is smart enough not to mess with my new car.

I am looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the good guys at the banquet.

J.C.

Sounds awesome for sure Captain, good job of taking that rather than the 348 although I think you'd look great tooling around in that ride - with your green card at your side!

Lynn I think he inhaled too much salsa and thought the enduro was this week-end! That's my guess and I'm sticking to it!

Wes, FYI, ......................................... I look good in any car. The Ferrari is absolutely the ultimate automotive experience. Nothing in this world sounds as good as a Ferrari.

In regards to having to need my green card, .................. I have much better credentials than that. I am a VETERAN! :)

My next large expenditure will be to "update" the exhaust system in the 996. I have got to have the "Porsche growl". I could have bought a C4 for around the same price with the turbos but I chose this C2 because of the condition and the way it is equipped. I won't have the turbo "whistle" but I will soon have the "Porsche growl".

I did miss the enduro this year but next year; ........................ I might be able to refill my "crazy money bucket" by then.

J.C.

Now that you are retired I see a fixed budget, meals with the blue haired gals in the nursing home, and a walker in the tiny trunk of your 996. If you want to hang out with us 'younger guys' and either wax my car or run the stop watch, (or was that sun dial), you are most welcome.
Not sure about the money part, but the crazy will always be with you like the force. I know you are a veteran, and I know what you did in Nam, which was both heroic and very crazy, and I am very proud of you for that service my friend!

Back