PIR weekend

Karen Stimson

Thanks again to all who helped make our racing possible this past weekend. Special thanks to all of you who stood out in the humidity and heat all day.

It was a rather brutal weekend with alot of people having problems. The heat made it difficult for both cars and drivers (by 1/2 way through group 5 race at the end of the day I was worrying about heat exhaustion). Thanks to the stewards and race chair for trying to hold everything together.

+1 Thanks to all who put this race on, especially the workers and the SCCBC & CSCC officials. It was great to see our Canadian friends join us, too.

I should have some video up soon showing the Group 2 race from the mid-pack viewpoint. Totally awesome race!

+2 I had a pretty good weekend. Only reason it wasn't great was because I broke during my second race. :`(

I could barely stand being in the pits so the workers that spent the day in the sun. THANK YOU! The Guys in the Hot Pits that pushed me around in 100* temps were very much appreciated...

I wanna see that video. Somebody said there was a video of my spin. I am still not sure what happened accept i lifted a little....:p

Portland this weekend made Spokane look like just another sunny day.
Cascade did a great job of keeping us in ice and water and water misting bottles to soak ourselves with.

We had a shortage of workers on Sat. morning (due to Monterrey Historics and the heat) and I would like to extend huge thanks to the drivers that gave up some of their pit crews to help us out.
We were 5 people short and couldn't have put a wheel on the track without these guys helping out. Good job! (I hope they had fun on the turns)

Lynn Rimmer
ICSCC ROD Director

That was me.:redface: Thats what I get for trying to hard with a car that had a bad push.

Please give my Thanks and apologies to the driver of the 11 car if anybody knows him. Without his heads up driving that would have been ugly. Same to you Tony.

I had a blast. Was having fun following Linda around and learning from her until 3rd gear decided to leave this world for good. But I will be ready for Doernbechers Dash weekend!

Thanks so much to all the volunteer workers. we nearly did not get started but then you all pulled the rabbit out of the hat and got us silly drivers on track. Can we ever say thank you enough?? Thank you.

Car 11 is Bret Biennerth.

Last edited:
It was definitely a hot one, but I certainly enjoyed much of the racing from my location in the chicane.

p595220496-2.jpg
p648037476-2.jpg

Sunday was one of the hottest days for ICSCC I can remember in quite a while (probably dating back to the first ICSCC Mission race as one of the hottest I remember) but it was still a fun weekend and I was very pleasantly surprised that the quality of my photos held up in the heat (not equipment, rather operator.) :) (Well, all except for the quality of the Group 6 pics, lighting in the chicane before 2pm is terrible on sunny days.)

Thanks to all who did so much to make the weekend a success.

Doug B
http://photos.dbpics.com/cscc-aug-2010
http://photos.dbpics.com/

Last edited:
Mike C.
Another vote for putting up your video. I was in front of you (!) for most of the race so it would be great to see how far off line I was, and if I was unintentionally rude to anyone!

I too had one of my most enjoyable races back in mid-pack. Thanks everyone!

Joe

Eh, Michael. Yo listenin. Da video Michael. Da video. Capisci.

Yos want a visit from da family, no? We don't think so.

Quit talkin and do it. Capisci.

Okay then. No more talk.

"Nice Guy Jim Racing"

ha! I'll try to get something out tonight. It's my first time working with GoPro video so I may stumble a bit.

(please don't break my kneecaps!)

Posted Results?

First off, we had a very successful (if very hot!!!!) weekend.

Lee was looking at the posted lap times, and he noticed that they appeared to be copies of the Car Tender results. Anybody else see that?

Marie Fjellanger
Pit crew - Group 6 #8

Last edited:
Lee was looking at the posted results, and he noticed that they appeared to be copies of the Car Tender results. Anybody else see that?

Marie Fjellanger
Pit crew - Group 6 #8

If he said that based on the heading in the results, I'd say he clicked the wrong link. If it's based on the names/positions/times in the results, then you should follow up with Linda Blackburn.

If he said that based on the heading in the results, I'd say he clicked the wrong link. If it's based on the names/positions/times in the results, then you should follow up with Linda Blackburn.

No, the link is wrong. I just happened to check and noticed the same thing. The "laps" link for the American/Canadian Challenge brings up the laps for the Car Tender Challenge. The Car Tender Challenge laps link is correct.

Back