PIR Weekend

Norm Smith

Thanks to all the workers for hanging in there this weekend enduring the hot sun on Saturday and then the pouring rain on Sunday. Without you we can't do what we love to do. Us Legends drivers were honored to be a part of conference again.

Hey Norm,
You guys are more than welcome.
2 cars, but good show. The conditions were not, umm, the best but you two seemed to have a good time.
How many times did you swap the lead anyways? We lost count.

Are any of the Legends coming to ORP? That would be an awsome track for a nice grid of you guys....correction - any of our tracks are awsome for a nice Legends grid.

I want to thank all the workers and volunteers for a great weekend. The maidan outing of my SR was a success even though the Sunday rain did not allow me to race. The puddles were deeper than than my car could handle or successful ford. I will work on my hydroplaning skill this week. Thanks to all for the birthday wishes, I could not think of a better place to celebrate a birthday than at the track with all my friends.

I would add my thanks too, to the volunteers for the PIR weekend. Thanks for baking Sat. afternoon and trying not to drown Sunday morning. It was a ridiculous weekend. The monsoon Sunday was something else--needed a boat in a number of places. :)

We learned a number of things during the rain race--thanks to those of you who gave us ideas for things to try.

+1 from me too. Special thanks go out to the kind people at turn 9 who got me out of my car when the track ejected me into the wall and to safety and the wrecker for taking good care of my bruised car.

Lynn, No Legends coming to ORP this month as we're heading to Infineon to race with NASCAR that weekend as one of the support groups. The northwest will be represented by Kirk Hall, David Neveaux from Canada, myself and my son Ian. We look forward to racing ORP later this year.

Back