Pictures from Smokey on The Ridge IRDC race

rons

Ron Standley
Here are my set of pictures from the Smokey on The Ridge IRDC race. All taken on May 11, 2014. I have more, only posted a few of each car to keep the browsing time to a reasonable level.

These are from race group 1 to 5 on Sunday only.

They are in car number order - mostly -

http://www.ronstandley.com/p823932957

If anyone else wants to post links to their pictures here please do.

Okay, really?

I'm standing in pet peeve gravel now...

I know for a fact that the IRDC's Great Mtn Climbing (GMC) Safety Vehicle did multiple laps on missions of mercy and there is not ONE picture of this important part of the racing event.

Greg Miller and his company worked hard and are still looking for ways to improve the smooth operation of this and the rest of their tools of performance. Give 'em a chance at a bit of credit. A chance to see the sewn seeds of their work in action. Besides waiting diligently for nothing to happen, that vehicle and it's crew were providing the best care anywhere for all of the race driving participants at this very same event.

NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX SP!, I understand. But local? Let's be fair.

Great pics, Ron. Just missin' a little, you know... something that shows a bigger picture.

Ken, I was also looking for photos of the regular peeps! I'm curious to know how it went with volunteers, did you have enough people? The conflict with SCCA in Portland, Mother's Day, etc. created a lot of MIA's - I was thinking of all of you as I was stuck in a storage locker with my visiting sister, going through boxes of memories - the belongings of my mom, who passed away two years ago ... a poignant Mother's Day weekend!

But Ron, they really are beautiful pictures of the cars - can't wait to see some in person at a track somewhere soon!

Thanks for the comments guys. I will concentrate more on the safety folks and worker bees coming up. Some people do not like their pictures on the web so it is kind of a tight line.

In the past I have kept more of those shots, might be fun if I make a collection of workers from previous events that I have attended.

Good shots Alberto.

Karl, I have some group 6 photos, I'll get Renee to dig through them and look for the GTP, also have some of the others, I'll post what we have that's decent.

Jim

...I was hoping for a picture of my car going left and the nose going straight....

BTW: Thanks Jim for the T12 solo nose picture!

I know we have a photo of 166 with the nose installed! I also saw a photo of Jim's Buick pointing backwards in 12, but also some nice shots of the group six cars going forwards as well. I'll post them up later this evening after Renee sorts through them.

Here's Scott in Dave's car

image.jpg

A little more clarification. Scott Faris drove Dave's car as #143 in group 3 and Scott Morton drove Dave's car as #148 in group 6. The picture was of car 148 therefore Mr. Morton who by the way looked extremely fast in the rain from my viewpoint at T-4.
DM

I see Doug Berger has posted up some group six photos on his site, I bought one of his photos of my car at Portland leading the group six pack through turn 12, however briefly :tongue:

Jim

image.jpg

Back