Need some official stats for Spokane and ORP

Steve Adams

Just this guy, ya know?
Based on the information I have, the current ICSCC configuration at ORP is 2.3 miles, but can someone tell me the official corner count? (Bear in mind, by the standard I'm using, Pacific has 10 turns [9 plus the kink].)

For Spokane, I have it as 10 turns, but what's the official length?

Thanks.

Ken, that's the map of ORP... Not Spokane County Raceway

SRP-Aerial_big.jpg

According to this site:
http://spokaneracewaypark.com/

It's a 2.5 Mile road course

Looking in the back of the 2010 ICSCC Regulations... and attempting to answer the second part of the question one would find 2.5 miles-long track, and 1.9 miles for the short track.

The map of ORP (to answer the first part of the question) that has been submitted to ICSCC is an early picture-turned-map, with all kinds of preliminary names/numbers for landmarks and whims. This second one can be found on the site (if you sift through it a bit). Our turn stations only go T1-T12, but that doesn't count how many times you have to turn left/right.

And do we have a later pic of SRP since some of the known improvements?

[speaking of ORP] Our turn stations only go T1-T12, but that doesn't count how many times you have to turn left/right.
In your, or anyone else's, experience thus far, are "folks" (drivers or workers) generally referring to 12 turns or 16? I'm looking for the official number of designated turns, NOT the number of times someone might turn the wheel.

It sounds like the answer might be 16, even though the workers will only refer to 12?

The T12 station is the last station on the left before Pit-In, and S/F. And that version of the map hasn't been built yet. We'll get to it eventually.

We'll keep a white flag out for ya.

Last edited:
Something like that.

Lemme see...

If memory serves...

So you go south from Pit-Out to a turn station to your right that would signal for T1, then again after a short uphill, look to your right at the T2 flag station, and its 'surprise apex' turn-in, that puts you north, with a bit of a rise, look to your right again there's an advanced station that oversees T3's left hand downhill (entering da pucker factor) looking at the T4 station (again on your right), with its sweeping, feels off-camber, but it's not, it's a gully, and now you level out looking at the south end of the lower bypass, straight, for a Safe Haven when needed, but you don't need it to carry all your speed up through Turn 5 for a climb with the Valkyrie, which puts another flag station to your right (T5-ish but it's not really a corner), but you can wave at the Safety vehicles stationed on the North Bypass road until you come up to the almost crest of "Adam's Leap" for flags at T6 to cross that crest into a shallow 'away' to the left, down looking at the T7 flags (guess where... yep, on the right) with multiple apex just beyond to the right toward the entrance to "Half Pipe" you're into the banking, and it gets steeper with the mouth of the pipe looming ahead you're through the first left apex, then you can see it... to your LEFT, about half way through the Half Pipe it's the T8 flag station, that you gotta look up to see it, and quick, because you won't have much time for gawking reaching the exit to head right, and up the hill again, looking for that next station on the right we'll call T9 signaling for that hump some may call the North Straight that eventually come`s down to a very sharp left hander preceded by another rare flag station on the left (T10) telling you what to expect as speed builds down at a steep angle bottoming out with the north end of the gully bypass road and up the hill to the right, and more right and there's a station there on the right (really right) and that shall be known as T11 with the right turns straightening out and the incline lessens, there will be the final Turn station to the left and then you go passed Pit-In to continue with the dog-leg/kink/that's why there are flags at T12 left turn to S/F which isn't all that spectacular, unless the wind is blowing the stand around.

I may be a bit might sketchy on a couple of the details, but I hope this helps.

Last edited:
5.98 turns per mile. I wouldn't consider arguing Bill's assessment, but I believe that there are 15 elbow factor qualified turns which puts this stat at 6.41turns per mile.

Back