Motorsportreg.com

racerd

Anyone else have a problem with how this is being done?

First off, a $25 penalty for not using Motorsportreg.com??!! What about the folks who don't do computers?

One race I recently registered for the worker donation was auto set at $25 !! Now I'm not saying the workers (each and every one) don't deserve that, but not every one can afford that especially when some of the entries are $530 and possibly higher now.

CAUTION!!
I made the mistake of entering everything that was on the schedule that I plan to run ... not knowing that all the charges would come thru the next day!! I sure hope Motorsportreg.com is paying the club a bunch to use all the members funds for so long!

Hey Dave - It's not msr.com's fault. It's the way the individual club decides to set-up their event.

I believe it's one of the SCCA regions that is charging a penalty for using msr.com NOT any of the Conference clubs that I know of.

The club I do Reg for (Cascade Sports Car Club) is defaulted to $5 for worker fund, but, it is changeable. Many drivers change it to zero or change it to more than $5. I chose to default it to $5 because that seemed to be the usual amount drivers gave.

Again, I believe it's one of the SCCA regions that charges everything in advance. Cascade requires a credit card or debit card to enter, but the charge is treated as a hotel. It checks for capacity and then it drops off. UNLESS it's a debit card, then it drops off per your bank's requirement.

Cascade doesn't actually put through the charge until we've seen the whites of your eyes in Reg. We prefer cash, check or swiping your card at Registration. So you can actually pay any way you want at Reg. I actually require the deferred payment method because I don't want to hassle with withdraw fees, if a driver no shows.

Shame on the club that is using msr.com if they don't clearly explain the payment arrangements at the time you enter. It's not msr.com.

Thanks, Holly Remington - 2010 Cascade Sports Car Club Registration

Racerd must have been signing up for an SCCA event and not ICSCC.

Wow, Ken. That is shocking in a way. The SCCA has so many entry's they can now get picky and punitive based upon how you register for events?

On the subject of MSR. SCCBC is now using MSR for our events as well. At this time MSR is not set up to handle transactions in currencies other than the US dollar so while you can, and are being encouraged, register online, you will still have to pay when you check in at registration at the track.

Should not be a shock to anyone racing SCCA. Thats the way they have been running things since the 80's. Penalize you for everything. No incentive, no rewards, just penalties.. Wonder why I am such a staunch supporter of Conference??

The club I do Reg for (Cascade Sports Car Club) is defaulted to $5 for worker fund, but, it is changeable. Many drivers change it to zero ....

WTF?!!! 10 to 1 it's some of those cheap-a$$ BMW drivers!!!

I kid, I kid. :D

C'mon, guys, let's show a little love for our volunteers.

I have to say here, be it $1, $10, or $0, by my observations there is no lack of positive support for the event participants, from 99.99% of our Conference family of drivers. For that, I again, thank you all.

It is also my observation that there are presently a very small number 'Conference' licensed drivers that are running SCCA events. I think that is the only real statement that will have any affect, other than letters of displeasure to those that actually have something to do with SCCA Regional business.

http://www.oregonscca.com/content/view/160/

http://www.nwr-scca.org/Regional/Contact.htm

These are the folks that can do anything about it, and it's probably better that they are made well aware of their customers, or potential customers' displeasure directly. What are the chances that any of them visit this forum?

I encourage this because I would like to see some changes in their customer service to stem their own dwindling participation numbers, and make positive changes toward those days that some few of us still remember when the CP classes dominated the Restricted Regional weekend.

Anything less than that contains no true reasonability. In other words, it does nothing to help our great sport advance, or mature. Consider a fact that somewhere around 10% of our ICSCC race events are populated by SCCA, and other sanctioned licensed drivers. Would you cast them in the same light? They work within their system for change with SCCA, and participate in Conference events as it suits them, and are welcomed.

On the other hand, with 14 race weekends on the ICSCC schedule, who else other than some of those same event participant-volunteers can afford any extra event weekends.

This doesn't make me one of "Them", because I've been one for a very long time now.

And thanks to the Lords of the Cosmic Jest, I will continue to be one of "us".

Last edited:
..... These are the folks that can do anything about it, and it's probably better that they are made well aware of their customers, or potential customers' displeasure directly. What are the chances that any of them visit this forum?

I encourage this because I would like to see some changes in their customer service to stem their own dwindling participation numbers, and make positive changes toward those days that some few of us still remember when the CP classes dominated the Restricted Regional weekend...

I know this sound Obama-esque but in the latest issue of Sports Car, the SCCA Pres. announced the formation of a 'committee' to review the entire road racing program (National and Regional) to come up with ways to improve 'customer' satisfaction and increase participation.

Don't know how or where this committee will get input from. Hopefully, not like Congress does it. They should/may actually talk with people involved in the racing program to get ideas.

The Sportscar magazine is the fluff, and fa-la-la. The Fastrack News is the real meat of SCCA Nat'l sense of operations. And that is certanily not uncommon knowledge. It's published every month, and every month its important to review any changes that may affect operations. Which of course can make the GCR more of a living document, than one that will only change once a year. For the good or the bad of it, that's the process.

http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=78

In the April issue, under "Member Advisory" (initiated by letters from general members.

"Volunteers Sought
The CRB is seeking one or more volunteers to design a study to determine whether it would be possible to extend safety
harness lifetimes beyond the FIA and SFI replacement dates. After the design is complete, the CRB and BoD would determine
the feasibility of carrying out the study. Volunteers who have experience in design of scientific studies/experiments are asked to
submit brief resumes to the CRB through the member input web form at www.crbscca.com (resumes may be uploaded through
the form)."

So it's not impossible to have a voice. Just like around here, you may have to YELL to get some attention.

So what have you got? Wanna drink at an Elks' Lodge, a Moose Lodge, or the bar across the street? It's all beer to me.

Yes, Fastrack is the meat and potato's of what's going on and one of the BIGGEST sources of pain to racers & their budgets.

Unlike ICSCC, SCCA can change the 'rules' from week to week. Nobody in any class knows what the rules in their class will be from month to month. And, ANYBODY can submit a request for rules change not just drivers.

It is what it is, Rich. Just like that dumba$$ traffic light that always seems to be red when you get to it. You know it turns green, but every time you get there it's 'always' red. You might go a different route, but there are lights there too.
Go figure.

I'm with Ken on this one.
The SCCA is its own beast. If you read back 30 or 40 years, it's pretty consistent.
It's always been a hornet's nest, and you kind of have to expect that.

If it really bothers you, just form a Conference class and be shut of it.
Or pick one that fits well enough...

Personally, I love this place, and am very glad I get to race under ICSCC sanction as my
primary way to get my jollies...

hee

t

Don't really care about 20/25 years ago, my 83 Camaro was just a pup then.

I race in both ICSCC and SCCA, and both organizations have treated me well.

Yes there are a few things I don't aggree with but that can be said for both.

I am out there to have fun and be safe!

Lets go Racin

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro Oregon
ICSCC and SCCA

Last edited:
Anybody that is only putting in 5 bucks per race for the worker fund needs to raise their game.

As a worker I appreciate everyone who participates in a Conference race. I enjoy hanging out with everyone at the track, the Saturday night social atmosphere is probably my favorite part of any race weekend.
I appreciate the contributions to the worker fund and that money has helped me get to a couple of extra races per season the last couple of years. I also understand that some racers have larger race budgets than others and all contributions are appreciated. Just remember to wave as you go by on the cool down lap :smile:

Back