Mission double race weekend?

clintonracing

something witty
Just curious how this is going to work? A race on Saturday and on Sunday? 2 on Sunday?

How does the prac/qual schedule work?

Thanks
Steve

There should be a practice, qual and race each day just like CACC does it. So approx 60 minutes per day of seat time, and boy does the time fly when you have 3 sessions rather than 2. Not so much dead time between sessions which is awesome. It is a great format and you'll love it. Conference needs to look at this seriously, and I'd love to see feedback on this forum after that event. It just makes so much more sense...

I don't think it will be like a CACC weeked. A CACC weekend has fewer run groups and 20 minute races.
During a standard ICSCC double race weekend the 2nd race day has qualifying in the morning and racing in the afternoon. From what I've heard there will be practice, qualifying, and racing on Saturday; qualifying and racing on Sunday.
The schedule for this event has not been published anywhere yet though.

db

Okay, so we'll miss one session on Sunday and have longer races, which works for me. I did hear however that it will be the same format as CACC, so I hope what I heard is accurate.

Conference rules currently restrict the length of Championship races. So a version of the format db outlined would most likely be the one followed. I believe novices will race on both days.
The schedule will be finalized and posted soon. There will be a rule change proposal put forward for the fall rules change meeting. Drivers will have the opportunity to voice their opinions re the length of races.

I applaud SCCBC for attempting something new with the schedule. This idea has been discussed at length on this forum in the past and I believe that Conference ("we") will need to address scheduling matters with regards to the number of race weekends each year. 14 races this season plus two enduros, then add all the other events out there requiring the talents of our workers, and you can start to see trouble on the horizon. Add to this, our already thin worker population and things get a bit worrisome.

I'm all for a double race weekend spanning a typical two-day schedule, but I haven't participated in such an event yet. I'm looking forward to racing Mission this June and ask/encourage all of our racers to attend this event. The more racers who attend the better the feedback on the event (same for the workers too!)

This could be a game changer for the Conference schedule in the future...or not...

Besides all that, Mission is a great track to race!

I applaud SCCBC for attempting something new with the schedule. This idea has been discussed at length on this forum in the past and I believe that Conference ("we") will need to address scheduling matters with regards to the number of race weekends each year. 14 races this season plus two enduros, then add all the other events out there requiring the talents of our workers, and you can start to see trouble on the horizon. Add to this, our already thin worker population and things get a bit worrisome.

I'm all for a double race weekend spanning a typical two-day schedule, but I haven't participated in such an event yet. I'm looking forward to racing Mission this June and ask/encourage all of our racers to attend this event. The more racers who attend the better the feedback on the event (same for the workers too!)

This could be a game changer for the Conference schedule in the future...or not...

Besides all that, Mission is a great track to race!

I agree Mike, sounds like a hoot of time! I can't wait.

Back