Mike Poorboy

Perry Hartman

ITA Sentra
It is with a heavy heart that I get to write of the passing of a great friend and fellow race enthusiast. Mike Poorboy passed away suddenly yesterday morning. He was an awesome friend and probably the most fun crew member we ever had. He always had a helping hand for anybody that needed help, and a story to tell with a great big smile on his face. He was a road race guy heart, but had a place in his heart for all types of racing. He was planning on being out this year at the Spokane Grand Prix to help with any and all to make our race weekend that much better. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Ann and there two young sons. We will all really miss you buddy!!!

Perry Hartman
NWMS
#145 ITA

I'm saddened to hear of Mike's passing. I don't think I every met him personally, but I've certainly heard his name over my years with Conference - it was such a memorable name! And that's what especially saddens me. Our time here is so fleeting, and we're quickly relegated to a small mention on a forum. Undoubtedly Mike left an indelible mark on those close to him, and I simply want to honour him for being a part of the racing life we both shared. Godspeed.

Wow, that is a huge shock. I was just thinking about him yesterday, wondering if I should call him to find out how it was going with the Roadster that I sold him years ago. I too have great memories of him coming by to talk about the car and how excited he was when I delivered it to him. I really will miss having him around in Spokane, would have been special to see him out on track in the car he loved. Please let us know if there is anything we can do, he will be missed.

Jeff Remfert and the Retro Racing Team

Back