Legends Cars World Finals

Norm Smith

7 of the Legends cars from the northwest are on their way to Las Vegas for the 2009 Legends Cars World Finals. This weekend will see about 120 Legends from the U.S., Canada, and Europe racing in 3 divisions. It is truely a sight to see these equally matched cars inches apart. I would like to take this time to thank our conference freinds for their help and support to make us better racers. We will represent the conference well and show that the ICSCC produces some of the best drivers in the world!

GOOD LUCK in Las Vegas and I don't mean on the tables. Rather, the track! :D

You Legends guys are a big benefit to ICSCC racing and you always represent the club well :cool:

Just to piggy back onto Norm, This last season has givin me some of the greatest times in a car/group/association and family I have experienced in my 12 years of racing. Thanks to all the Legends Drivers and group 6 as a whole. Winning the Championship was an extreme pleasure on so many different levels. A very special thanks to the Conference entity that continues to provide us with safe and exciting venues in which to race... To all a safe and happy holiday season and an AWESOME 2010 Racing Season... Norm, See ya in VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!

All of you guys go as fast as you can to get back safe, and ready for this next season and its new challenges.

Update. Race day brought rain at the last minute. Northwest Legends drivers take 2 of the top 5 spots in the world finals race!
Duane Swanson takes 3rd in Masters division followed by Norm Smith in 4th. NOrm was lucky enough to have the VanDyne family and the help of the Swanson family setup our cars once again. At the very last moment before lineup they grabbed my rain tires and put them on my car. I started 14th and after the 1st and 2nd corners I was 5th!!! Car was perfect all weekend. My son Ian Smith raced in the Semi Pro division and started 4th. As the rain came he got caught out on the track on dry setup and finished a respectable 9th. He did secure 2nd place for the year end World Points championships though. I couldn't be prouder to call him my son. Best part of the whole weekend was seeing the 12 Smith family members fly in from Seattle to Vegas to watch us race. My mum and Dad got to see their son and grandson both race and be successfull. It was a touching moment for the family. Thanks again to our Conference family and friends for making us such better racers. When will we see you in a Legends car??????? 206-605-4636 for a ride!

Back