Karterrara Panolympia season Deux

Just got back from a little recon at the track (have not been there for about 9 months) track is totally reconfigured, can handle up to 14 teams now without a problem.

Walker (the owner) is up for a 12 hour, he even said a 24 if we want.

So, lets get some teams going, and as per last year, it will be a worker fund raiser as well.

I will let Randy start the teams thread, just cause I don't want to :p

RP

I want 24hrs! They'll just need to supply cots for drivers to sleep.

If the race is 12 or 24hrs maybe half way through we can run it the opposite direction for the second half of the race, just a thought.

If the race is 12 or 24hrs maybe half way through we can run it the opposite direction for the second half of the race, just a thought.

Curtis, very interesting thought. We ran it both directions yesterday, times were almost identical, but a real hoot nonetheless.

BTW, no need to shut down the race for fuel this time, they have enough carts to continously refuel during the entire event.

Lets reach out to other organizers (SCCA, PCA, BMW etc) and see if we cannot get a little rivalry going.

RP

not that I want to be a butt head Rod, and I believe most of the folks who work the various events are the same folks, but with different clubs how you gonna split the worker donation part. (I am not an SCCA member and won't likely ever be one again, and do have a bit of a thing when it comes to them.) But I definately for sure absolutely without a doubt wholeheartedly etc etc etc support any worker.

I have my cot packed and ready to travel.

If we start on Friday night and continue through Sunday with no breaks in between, someway to add up to 43 hours (ICSCC 43rd... see?) And every year we add another hour, so that by the time I am an older geezer than I am currently we will be doing the kart enduro all year long and NEVER STOP!!!! (Insert evil laugh here)

This here event is fer conference workers the way I see it, so we drain the coffers of the competing venues and direct it to our own beloved workers.

May not seem fair, but keeps me out the penalty box, no?

RP

OHHHH hellls yea! I'm in and ready to rock!

Rod - Is the new configuration as much fun to drive? Seems like with all the hairpins it would be a lot slower and not as much fun. The best part of the old configuration were the long high speed sweepers, IMO.

Rod - Is the new configuration as much fun to drive? Seems like with all the hairpins it would be a lot slower and not as much fun. The best part of the old configuration were the long high speed sweepers, IMO.

In my opinion, no. Its not as much fun as the last layout. There are some high speed sections but not like the ones that were there before.

It is definately different than last time, I never felt I was going into the wall at terminal speed. You also need to slow er down quite a bit to navigate the hairpins.

Kart racing, to me, is just belly laugh fun no matter what the config, makes me feel like I am 10 years old (until the next day that is).

RP

Back