June 26/27 ICSCC Race Weekend at Mission

For those that had been wondering about the schedule for the weekend it is now posted as well. Saturday will have 10 min practices, 15 min qual, and 30 minute races, Sunday will have 15 minute qual and 30 minute races.

Saturday is scheduled to start at 8:30 and finish at 6:10.

Novices please be aware, this is a new format double race weekend, and there is a special race entry rule for novices.

Novices, both open wheel and closed wheel, may enter Saturday's race only, or both Saturday and Sunday's races, but not Sunday only.

This new race format is an exciting opportunity to get a ton of track time in only two days, and I strongly recommend entering both races on Saturday and Sunday.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email or give me a ring. Contact info is available on the ICSCC home page.

Thanks,

Randy
ICSCC License Director

Last edited:
The SCCBC Driver Information page is calling this a "double race / double points" weekend. While you can get 2x the number of points that you can in a traditional 2-day race weekend by virtue of there being two races, neither of the races that weekend is a double points race in the sense that this weekend's ORP race is a double points race. Take pole and P1 in your class both days and you'll walk away with 54 points, not 108!

I just applied for my long overdue enhanced drivers license so I can do two things!

1) Visit my dear Mum in Victoria
2) Take a trip to Mission and have a little fun

Here's hoping it comes in time to do both!!

Take pole and P1 in your class both days and you'll walk away with 54 points, not 108!

Don't mind if I do! heh

I can't wait to try this new schedule format and likewise will be anxious to hear the response from the workers too. It makes for a long couple of days but if it works out, maybe this could be a good direction for the Conference schedule in the future.

I'm all for it and will certainly be there. I encourage everyone out there to attend this event if for no other reason than to be able to have a tested opinion as to how it works.

But mostly attend because the Canadian hospitality is top-notch!

No hockey game this year DB?

I think, (hope) that this event will open the door to a long needed format change to our race scheduling. Having 3 sessions each day as CACC does would really make this work, and with the novice races on Saturday only as they are now would open Sunday up to 3 sessions as well as Saturday.
If we had 3 on Sunday then living with 10 minute Saturday sessions would be okay, but we'd still need to explore ways of bumping those to 15 if at all possible.
As I've said before, the 3 session format with CACC is so much more enjoyable then our 2 per day, and keeps the boring downtime to a minimum. Being in the car every couple of hours keeps me more focused for sure and still leaves plenty of time to prep and/or wrench between sessions.

... but we'd still need to explore ways of bumping those to 15 if at all possible......

Agree with that, Wes.

SOVREN runs 15 minute practice/qual. sessions on Saturday plus one 15 minute race and a 20 minute race on Saturday. They have one OPEN warm up on Sunday morning. Then ALL races of 15 and 20 minutes for the rest of Sunday. Each group gets 3 or 4 races per weekend.

Point is, 15 minutes is just about the minimum time you want per session at least at Pacific. Fifteen miutes if you're on plan "A" gives about 9 laps at speed. On plan "B" which we often are, only 7 or 8 at the most. That's for car turning in the 1:30's.

Last edited:
No hockey game this year DB?

On track from 8:30 until 6:10 if we stay on schedule. I don't think many of the usual suspects will be up for hockey. I know I certainly won't have the energy for it after that long a day.

Please note, If you run race gas you need to bring it with you. The local VP gas rep has retired .

Back