Joe White

gailfetterman

Good thoughts go out to Joe White, I heard he was in a heavy crash at Pacific Raceway. Hope for a speedy recovering for his return to racing.

Joe is doing great, pretty beaten up and sore, but overall all of the safety devices did a terrific job protecting him.

It's worth mentioning that one of the tether clips on his Necksgen head and neck restraint device was bent, indicating that there were some significant forces absorbed by the device, rather than Joe's neck.

There has been a lot of community support and good wishes for Joe that he sincerely appreciates and wants to give thanks for being a part of such a caring group.

Anybody wanting more info please feel free to contact me privately.

I'll just remind anyone who's so inclined that it's generally considered in poor taste to post images or video of someone else's damaged race car.

Glad to hear Joe is doing OK and I hope he has a quick recovery.

Kudos to the turn workers for doing a great job of communicating the incident to the drivers. Visibility being what it was, I could barely see the car in front of me but the yellow flags were easy to spot waving on the side of the track.

I'll just remind anyone who's so inclined that it's generally considered in poor taste to post images or video of someone else's damaged race car.

I only reply to this because I have recently posted video of someone else's incident and just wanted to note I was granted permission by my request to do so.

After seeing the underbody of 2 different cars in 5a/b during this weekend and having a fellow racer have a big incident (Glad Joe is OK!), I am grateful those involved were alright.

So sorry to hear about Joe. Glad to hear that he will recover okay.

Also, sorry to have missed all of you this weekend. We did our first SCCA race at PIR and afterwards the weather report didn't look good enough to get up at 4am Sunday to drive up to Seattle for the racing. (We do plan to be at ORP coming up though.)

Consequently, I'm curious how much impact the weather had on the racing. Was it a factor in Joe's accident? Hope no one else had a rotten weekend.

I only reply to this because I have recently posted video of someone else's incident and just wanted to note I was granted permission by my request to do so.

Yes, it was at Mike's request and he reaffirmed that in the relevant post. Please note, however, that even that would have to be approved by the ICSCC President under a new policy being considered.

Glad to hear Joe is OK. Sounded like a nasty wreck. Pacific definitely took a toll on cars this weekend.

I will reserve my comments on the proposed policy change for a better venue. I hope such a policy would be put before the group for comments before being instituted.

I will reserve my comments on the proposed policy change for a better venue. I hope such a policy would be put before the group for comments before being instituted.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the forum exists at the pleasure of the ICSCC President and its existence isn't subject to the P&Ps.

Glad to hear Joe is doing OK and I hope he has a quick recovery.

Kudos to the turn workers for doing a great job of communicating the incident to the drivers. Visibility being what it was, I could barely see the car in front of me but the yellow flags were easy to spot waving on the side of the track.

Glad you could see it. I doubt I could have reached out any further without climbing onto your side of the wall. The flag was going up before Joe hit the wall. I'm amazed he only broke a couple of ribs considering the speed he was carrying when he started to spin. The rest of the day, we had turns 9 and 10 on standing yellow for the first two racing laps to give things time to settle down and the water to be pumped off the track. It wasn't raining all that hard, but the water tends to puddle between the bumps when there is no traffic for a while. For those that wonder about the drag racing chemical that the track puts down, I don't see that as a contributing factor since both of the spins/wall hits in ten this weekend started well before the drag strip. Sure wish the track could do a major rebuild of the road course soon. Something like they did at Portland where the took up everythingdown to the bedding and built it back up with darinage imporvements included. Watching you guys driving towards me at Ten, it sure looked like most of you guys were driving on a very bumpy dirt road.

Scary scene, so glad to know Joe is recovering nicely. Huge kudos to our turn workers and safety professionals. I saw the yellow flag immediately at S/F, and the red flag was already out as I approached T2 where four of us stopped and waited for instructions. Get well Joe.

Mirko Freguia - Alfa Romeo Milano/ST#8

How is Joe?

For those of us who don't use Facebook and aren't part of the grapevine, can someone update us on Joe's condition?

Home, back to work, sore, same old grumpass (not really) he always is. Recuperating and looking forward to getting back into a race car.

Wonderful!

That is great news Randy, thanks for sharing. I was working Turn 5 this past weekend, watching cars sliding and spinning ... and ROLLING!!!!! ... but it was even more worrisome listening over comm to long periods of quiet while the alert was sorted out. Seeing my drivers climb out of their racecars was very reassuring, and now hearing that Joe too is okay gives me faith in the safety of your equipment, despite what mother nature (and a driver's red mist!!!) throws at us. Stay safe at ORP, wish I could make the trek.

Back