IRDC Playday March 19th

scott_morton

The Stigs NW Cousin
I am posting for Steve Barnes to remind everyone of the IRDC Playday at Bremerton on Friday the
19th of March. He says the advanced and intermediate groups are filling fast but there are still openings in the Novice group.

I don't think I've towed a trailer across the Narrows since the new bridge was built, with its eastbound toll. The WSDOT page I found says that the cash toll for 4 axles is $8.00, but a lot of Google hits on the subject mention rising tolls and the $8 might be old info. Anybody know the current 4 axle rate?

I believe it remains at $8.00, Bob. I say "believe" because I have one of those spiffy passes, and that rate is different. According to the Good To Go web site: http://wsdot.wa.gov/GoodToGo/tollrates

In 2009, WSDOT was looking to raise the toll rates because *gasp* not as many people were driving across the bridge daily and more of the folks who were driving across it had the good to go pass...so the State wasn't getting enough revenue. Thankfully, one of the compromises the State made for the toll bridge was to employ a citizens' review panel to advise the State for such changes. That review panel voted to keep tolls unchanged through 2010, if I recall correctly.

But then, you only wanted to know how much you are going to be gouged going back home, didn't you? :)

FYI The Narrows toll is ONLY from Gig Harbor TO Tacoma, NOT going WEST to Gig Harbor. The toll is set up to pay for the NEW bridge only.

Have safe trip

Back