Info wanted on formula type car

Hi guys, looking for any info on this car, possibly considering purchasing. Would it be worth my time? Anybody to run against in this region, approx. value? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3697.jpg
    IMG_3697.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_5518.jpg
    IMG_5518.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 707
  • IMG_9185.jpg
    IMG_9185.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 885
  • IMG_9279.jpg
    IMG_9279.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 663
I'm not the sharpest tool on open wheel, but maybe Formula 440 or 500? Centrifugal clutch drive and rubber donut suspension? Snowmobile or Jetski engine I think?

Used to be popular in the south with SCCA but haven't had many in Conference. None in the last few years that I know about.

It looks like a late 80's or early 90's Red Devil F440 (predecessor to F500). They were fun, but a little slow with the Kawasaki 440cc motor. That car should be relatively easy to convert to 500cc Rotax power for much more power and reliability. With a bit of work it should be capable of running Club Ford times at most tracks.

Feel free to contact me by PM if you want any more information about the cars and class. I ran F500 for many years and still own a '90 KBS Mk V (for sale - will be posted here in the next few weeks).

Sheldon Lemoine
#34 FC

As Sheldon said F500.

For Conference your best bet to run against someone would be in CF or FC of course I am pretty sure Sheldon and I would like you to join FC. Hint Hint Cough Cough!

www.northewestfc.net

....Anybody to run against in this region, approx. Thank you.

Like Wes said, keep looking. Like seven years ago, four F500's showed up for the SCCA double National. Two from Portland and one towed up from California and one was a driver making the 'great western tour' from Virginia. He had and ran an F500, an FC and left his D/SR in the trailer. Competition is tough to come by in F500's. Unless something has changed, I don't think there are any running in ICSCC.

I remember the 440's running with the V's in the late 70's and early 80's, but there was only one or two at most. Somebody from Portland ran a 500 a decade ago very briefly in Conference, then went back to SCCA. I guess a quick one could hang with a CF, but to me it isn't really a race car. Probably get in trouble, again, for that comment, but a fast FV or a CF would be much more fun for you.

I vote you get a Formula Vee, but I'm biased. We have heard there may be three more vees joining us next year bringing the field to six or seven instead of 3 or four.

OW is gaining ground after a long decline, so 3 more of you guys on track would be awesome Jim. If I can scrounge the $$ to buy an SR then we could have a minimum of 8 or 9 cars in G6, with hopefully a large group of FC's joining in frequently, as well as the cross over cars from G3.

Cheryl Gilbert has one for sale on this site. Nice, well prepared chassis with a bunch of spares. Listed on ApexSpeed.com and Formulavee.org/interchange as well.

Back