How to get rid of a wrecked, non-titled tub?

schwank

Code X Motorsports
I have a stripped, caged shell filling up my garage that needs to go... it is the remainder of a wrecked race car. Main problem is that it has no title as it was a racer... which at least you guys can understand. But that means none of the craigslist scrappers want it. It only has scrap value which I hear has fallen precipitously in recent weeks. Of course it has no motor or trans so there is even less weight to entice them to take it.

What options do I have really? Do I pretty much have to cut it up and scrap it myself?

Ask your local E-crew/Safety Team if they need something to practice on, then when they chop it to pieces there is a pile of scrap.

At PIR, I can find a way for that to happen, as we traditionally have a fire school at the Rose Cups, we could have it at the previous CSCC event weekend, and it would be nice to get a little 'extrication' show and tell also. At PR, you may get a hold of Ricky Lee.

Practice, practice, practice.

PM me.

Last edited:
Just found out some interesting stuff from a wrecker this afternoon... evidently last Friday the OSP came in and swept the tow yards and ran every chassis. Guess they found one stolen chassis in So. Oregon and so now every tow yard is freaked out to take cars with no titles.

So basically in cases like this we may have to chop em up ourselves in the future. Hope the safety crew has a few extra sawzall blades handy!

Back