Group 2 and 5 check-in: What's a definite, what's a maybe?

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
-----*Categories updated 2/16-----

I haven't talked to some of you much during the off season so I wanted to take this opportunity to find out who's joining us again in G2 and G5 and who's changing classes, cars or lifestyle?

It would be nice to get a feel for what y'all are planning and what races you're planning on attending.

I'll go first:
My name is Colin and I'm an addict.

I will be back in 2012 in G5 ITA and G2 ITX in the Red, Burien Honda #10 CRX Si. My Dad should be back in my car in a limited capacity in my car in ITX as well. I'm not planning a 10 race championship season as I'm back in school and will be time and possibly budget restricted, doesn't mean I won't try though! :wink:

Post up your G5 or G2 plans and let's add you to the list.

The "List"

I'm putting a 5 or a 2 in front of each name to designate group or a 2/5 if running both (because I don't think anyone is planning on running 2/5ths a race!)

May 5/6 Portland:
1: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4
2: 2 K Nickels GP
3: 2 Tony K HProd
4: 5 Hieronymus EIP
5: 2/5 Schwank 944/EIP
6: 5 Karen Stimson EIP

May 19/20 Pacific Raceways:
1: 2/5 Colin ITA/ITX
2: 2 Bonsell SM
3: 2/5 Brian B SM and FIP
4: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4
5: 2 Mike A 944Cup
6: 5 Tyler K FIP (tentative)
7: 5 Mearns EIP
8: 5 Hieronymus EIP
9: 2/5 Schwank 944/EIP

May 26-28th Oregon Raceway Park (Double)
1: 2/5 Colin ITA and *maybe* ITX. (Both races ITA, maybe 1 ITX)
2: 5[/B ]Blois ITA
3: 2/5 Mike A 944cup, ITS
4: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4 (tentative)
5: 2 Tony K HProd
6: 5 Gordon J FIP
7: 5 Mearns EIP
8: 5 Hieronymus EIP
9: 2/5 Schwank 944/EIP
10: 2 Karen Stimson EIP
11: 5 Roldan

June 9/10 Mission Raceways
1: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4
2: 5 Mearns EIP
3: 5 Hieronymus EIP
4:

June 30th-July 1st Portland International Raceways
1: 2 Bonsell SM
2: 2/5 Brian B SM and FIP
3: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4
4: 5 Blois ITA
5: 2 Mike A 944Cup
6: 2 K Nickels GP
7: 2 Tony K HProd
8: 5 Tyler K FIP (tentative)
9: 5 Mearns EIP
10: 5 Hieronymus EIP

July 13-15 Spokane County Raceways (Triple!)
1: 5 Colin ITA all 3 races,
2: 2 Ken Koehler ITX (1 or 3 races)
3: 5 Karen EIP
4: 2/5 Mike A 944cup, ITS
5: 2 K Nickels GP
6: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4 (tentative)
7: 2 Tony K HProd
8: 5 Tyler K FIP (Tentative)
9: 5 Gordon J HIP
10: 5 Mearns EIP
11: 5 Hieronymus EIP
12: 2/5 Schwank 944/EIP
13: 5 Karen Stimson EIP
14: 5 Roldan

August 4/5 Oregon Raceway Park
1: 5 Blois ITA
2: 2 Tony K Hprod
3: 5 Mearns EIP
4: 5 Hieronymus EIP

August 11/12 The Ridge Motorsports Park
1: 2/5 Colin ITA (maybe ITX)
2: 2 Ken Koehler ITX (maybe)
3: 5 Karen EIP
4: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4
5: 5 Blois ITA
6: 2/5 Mike A 944Cup, ITS
7: 2 K Nickels GP
8: 2 Tony K Hprod
9: 5 Tyler K FIP
10: 2 Bonsell SM
11: 2 Brian B SM
12: 5 Gordon J HIP
13: 5 Mark Hanken EIP
14: 5 Mearns EIP
15: 5 Hieronymus EIP
16: 2/5 Schwank 944/ GTCC
17: 5 Karen Stimson EIP
18: 5 Roldan

August 18/19 Portland International Raceway
1: 5 Karen EIP
2: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4
3: 5 Blois ITA
4: 2 Mike A 944Cup
5: 2 K Nickels GP
6: 2 Tony K Hprod
7: 5 Hieronymus EIP

Sept 1-3 Mission Raceways (Double)
1: 2 Bonsell SM
2: 2/5 Brian B SM and FIP
3: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4
4: 5 Gordon J HIP
5: 5 Mark Hanken EIP
6: 5 Mearns EIP
7: 5 Hieronymus EIP
8: 5 Karen Stimson EIP
9: 5 Roldan (maybe)

Sept 29/30 Pacific Raceways
1: 2/5 Colin ITA (maybe ITX)
2: 2 Ken Koehler ITX (maybe)
3: 2 Bonsell SM
4: 2/5 Brian B SM and FIP
5: 2/5 Colangelo ITA/H4
6: 5 Blois ITA
7: 2 Tony K Hprod
8: 5 Tyler K FIP (tentative)
9: 5 Mearns EIP
10: 5 Hieronymus EIP
11: 2/5 Schwank 944/EIP

Last edited:
My name is Karen and I'm an adrenaline addict. Getting a little jittery with withdrawal, especially with the sun coming out this week (look fast).

We'll be back this year, although we may have to cut back compared to last year, especially as there's 3 August race weekends in a row bookending 4-H fair week...... (It was easier when the race at the end of fair was the one in town :(
Definitely planning the Ridge, Spokane, and Doernbecher; others subject to consideration of scheduling issues.

Car's been in the trailer all winter while we cleaned up and tried to do all the stuff that doesn't get done between March and October.
Mike's hoping to rework the brake system so I can stop deeper. :) May or may not happen before the Ridge track day.

Need to get some EIP-built cars running out there--come on, Jake, finish that Datsun.

Last edited:
Bill here...I'm an old adrenaline addict. Will definitely be running Group 2 SM (or CSM if Toyo contingency comes through)....son Brian will be running Group 2 (SM/CSM) and Group 5 (FIP)

Fewer races for me this year as I intend to stay closer to home. Definitely The Ridge and Pacific. Also the Labor Day at Mission is a must if weather coops. Got to drop a few pounds before May....FYI...Track day at Pacific Saturday was fantastic....

Bill-

PS: In for 5/19 at PR, 6/30 at PIR, 8/1 at The Ridge, 9/1 at Mission and 9/29 at PR and lastly the Enduro at PIR. That's 6 events plus

Last edited:
I plan on on racing more than half the Conference races this year. I definately want to race at The Ridge. I also plan on being at Pacific, PIR, and Mission (because that's Honda central around here).

For me:
Group 2: Honda Challenge 4
Group 5: ITA

The CRX is getting some upgrades: a header, new intake, clutch, exhaust, gauges, seat, belts, etc.

It'll be great to hit the track and race with my Conference buddies again!

Last edited:
well my names Eric and racing is addicted to ME. i plan to run a few races this year ORP,PIR,TR, and PR group 5 ITA mainly, car should be rented alot for ITX in G2. i may also drive a PRO3/EIP in G5 some. not going to say much about running in group 1 or 4 since this is about 2,5

I'm mike and it's been almost 4 months since I last drove my race car... <Hi Mike!>

Ok - so I'm hoping everyone should see a few more 944 guys join the group. This year I'll be officially an ICSCC member/licensed driver (gotta email Bob).. I'll be running primarily G2 (44Cup) and at times double entering in G5 (ITS). It should be a battle between Eric S. and I for the 44Cup championship <poke>

We still are working on the official 44Cup schedule but it's looking like a ton of ICSCC events...

My six race schedule is for Races #2, #3-4, #6, #7-8-9, #11 & #12. If I get crazy the mission race might happen... and if the car + wallet are still able the last pacific race.

ORP & The Ridge are must try's for me this year... Spokane I've gone every year I've been in PNW and Pacific is too close to home to not go.

My motor is progressing closer to making it back into my car and the rest of my money should get me some fresh tires...

Hello, my name is Kyle and not only am I an Okie but a race gas addict. Fresh rebuilt engine, new Carbs (thanks Z-Therapy), fresh Hoosiers and an attitude. Planning on all PiR and The Ridge, hope for Spokanistan. Will be Group 2, Production car (yep, one of the dying breed).

I plan on on racing more than half the Conference races this year. I definately want to race at The Ridge. I also plan on being at Pacific, PIR, and Mission

Mike, I know that The Ridge is going to be new but you just GOTTA try either the Triple at Spokane or the Double at ORP. ORP for obvious reasons and Spokane is a new track (and IMHO, better than the old layout), plus it's a triple! TRIPLE! TRIPLE!
Triple.....

Colin, yeah, I'll most likely hit up one or both of those tracks, too. Probably ORP. The others are sure things, though.

my name is Tony Kihlstadius ill be running group 2 H Production .i plan on running all portland and ORP races.one PR(sept) ,Spokane(triple) and Ridge race.i can't wait for this season to start !!!!!!!!

Tyler here......

FIP this year, bring it!

I hope for 4-5 but surely the ridge, Pacific in the fall (maybe may), june30/july1 at PIR, the 4th or 5th race may be Spokane instead of PIR. Only funds will tell.

Time to get busy preppin'

My name is Gordon. If I can get the ORP wrinkles out of my car I plan on racing in G5, HIP. Spokane, ORP dbl, The Ridge, Mission dbl. Money is tight for a retired person. G

My name is Mark Hanken and I an an addict.
I will only be able to run a few races this year. tentatively, the Ridge and Mission double. Maybe more but budget is tight.

Tyler here......

FIP this year, bring it!

I hope for 4-5 but surely the ridge, Pacific in the fall (maybe may), june30/july1 at PIR, the 4th or 5th race may be Spokane instead of PIR. Only funds will tell.

Time to get busy preppin'

From the movie, Sandlot: "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Seriously Tyler, what's it gonna take to get a factory dashboard in that car and so you can run in ITA/ITX? Sure, FIP with all those fast Miatas is close, competitive and fun but if I may have a fleeting moment of selfishness to say... You belong in ITA!

Oh yea... List updated 2/7.

My name is Lynn Rimmer.......ex/re-tired ROD Director......race addict.......I will be there with eyes on YOU ALL.
And no, my husband won't let me race his truck or his 69 'Cuda.

Colin,

If you have some spare aluminum we could fab one. Unfortunately the only 81 jetta dash I have is going away with the 81 Jetta I have for sale on craigslist. Its gotta sell to turn all those "tentative" dates to solid commitments.

Besides, no MK1 Jetta is listed in the SCCA GCRs under ITA. Looks like FIP it is. Bring it Miatas!

TK

My name is Bob. I'm an addict and I help create new addicts! Guess that makes me a dealer. In my dealer role I'll be at all the races, and running more in Group 5 than I have recently. The most fun I had in 2011 was starting at the back of G5 at the Doernbecher. At this point it looks like I'll make all the EIP races except PIR in May and August, and days on multi-race weekends when there are both Novice races and senior races.

Either my dad or I will be running our PRO3 car in group 5 EIP at all weekends. I will be in group 5 if he is not in attendance, othewise it will be him behind the wheel!

Back