Fuel Jugs

FFRSpec72

Anywhere in the Seattle area to buy 5 gal fuel jugs (movers would not move them but would move other equipment with fuel in them), just not plastic fuel containers.

Motorcycle shops, specifically ones specializing in motocross/dirtbikes, sell them along with the flexible fill tube that threads in the top.

Damn - I see "jugs" in a topic and I think it is going to be something interesting.

<insert mental image of Linda Vaughn here.>

Damn - I see "jugs" in a topic and I think it is going to be something interesting.

<insert mental image of Linda Vaughn here.>

I prefer Candy Samples myself Rick...

Huhh? What ever happened to Carol Doda?

Wonder if the Condor Club is still there? Yes folks, world's 1st topless bar and Carol made it world famous :eek:

I'm guessing Rick Bostrom is playing with his Hurst Shifter 'knob' now :D

Hmm, should have stayed out of this. I'm not really in to 'big' in that area.

Last edited:
Even by my uber-lax "staying on topic" guidelines, we might be drifting a little far-afield here, guys. Thanks.

Obviously the season our beloved sport of ICSCC racing is nearing an end... Alas, it is the begining of the thread-jacking season.

Zounds Batman, it has started early this year.... Yes Robin, I attribute it to the economy and dastardly Agent of The Insurance...... Batman, what ever shall we do?? The only thing we can do.... To The Batcave!!!!!

Ah yes, good ol' "Milk and Doughnuts." And to think there are so very many talented pro drivers going rideless these days... :sigh:

Ahh, what a shame. Milka is attractive, yes, but such an embarrassment behind the wheel. Michele Mouton must be dying of shame - she proved without a doubt that you could drop the female from "female driver". Such a joy to watch fling the car around and attractive as an afterthough not as a marketing ploy, only to see her legacy passed on to Milka "wreck-the-leaders-as-they-they-try-to-lap-your-unpredictably-weaving-car-for-the-14th-time" Duno.

Tragic. (And an unapologetic thread-jack. I think I will call the two seasons "Race Season" and "Thread Jacking Season" from here on out. Excellent Kyle!)

Ahh, what a shame. Milka is attractive, yes, but such an embarrassment behind the wheel....

That is somewhat true, Rick. But, Milka got 'tossed' in to the top U.S.A. level of open wheel racing with almost zero experience in lower level open wheelers. Being the best Venezuelen race driver around, she was pushed in to it when Hugo decided to put CITGO money in to racing :( Remeber she did win and perform well in Grand AM and GT racing.

An oft forgotten nuther 'hotty' that did WELL in North America and earned her seat is Katherine Legge. First woman to ever WIN a professional open wheel race in North America (eat that Danica), her 1st ever Formula Atlantic race at Long Beach! She had a ride with the Dale Coyne team in CART until it folded in to IRL then she got pushed out. Today, she's racing for the Audi Team in the DTM series. A genuine DRIVER and she's had an F1 test :cool:

Jeff and I watched the Portland FA race a couple of years ago from the T7/8 grand stand. Nobody was faster or had their car as close to the limits as she did. Exceptional car control and skill.

If she keeps on and can find the funding, I think she's got a real shot at breaklng in to one of the top open wheel series.

Last edited:
Remeber she did win and perform well in Grand AM and GT racing.
Well, the cars she was co-driver for did well; I wouldn't say she was all that great, although she certainly had more sports car experience than OW.

An oft forgotten nuther 'hotty' that did WELL in North America and earned her seat is Katherine Legge.

Yes, she was great in CART. I'd rather see Katherine get a halfway-decent OW ride than, say, Sara Fisher.

I see how quickly this group gets distracted, sounds like a fun group.

Not sure about the 'fun' ;)

But we DO strain our Forum Masters patience on occasion when we wander off in to strange places. :D

What women race car drivers have to do with fuel jugs is very clear to some of us but probably a vague connection to others.

I'm a Katherine Legge fan, she seems genuinely talented - although one must say there is probably TONS of talent out there that has had trouble signing sponsors in this economy. Her oft-shown crash at Road America is pretty incredible and a tribute to luck and car design that she walked away unscathed. Let's be fair though, the F1 car she tested was a Minardi at it's last ever test session and she showed how much she appreciated the opportunity by wrecking the car on the second lap.

On the subject of her driving in DTM - those cars are technological monsters and blindingly fast. THere is a reason drivers often use this as their first step down F1. Katherine can only enhance womens reps in this series after abysmal showings from Vanina Ickx and Suzy Stoddart. Admittedly they alway got castoff cars from previous years and that may have had moe to do with the quality of their finishes than talent. Lot of incidents though, and that is never a good sign.

... Admittedly they alway got castoff cars from previous years and that may have had moe to do with the quality of their finishes than talent....

Katherine is 'stuck' in a 1 year old version again this year. In 2008 she was given a 2 year old model.. LOL

Wish DTM were televised here. Next race for her is Hockenheimring on the 25th which is the last race.

P.S.
Suzy Stoddart took her out of the Dutch DTM at Zandvoort

Last edited:
[another woman] that did WELL in North America and earned her seat is Katherine Legge.

yeah, she was impressive a couple of years ago in Atlantics. Fast, good, a bit young
and unexperienced (and obviously used to karts, where you can touch things) but noticably
talented...
Much more so than currently- hyped anti- freeze salesperson in Cart/Indy/whatever the US spec-open-wheel series du jour is calling itself this week...
and Richard, you mean Suzy Stoddart, who is, confusingly, Scots...

(not that I was paying attention or anything...)

t

Oh, PS, gas cans used to come from GI Joe's, now gone. Now, maybe K-Mart?
(they don't make you go faster, so don't spend more than you have to)

Back