Forecast for Sunday, hope y'all remembered your rain tires!

Just got home....that map didn't even begin to do that friggin' downour justice!!!!!
So glad most carnage was avoided. Good head's up driving in Group 1.

By the way, thanks all for a great season ending weekend. Wicked awesome racing.

We also just got home, and that rain storm was one of the largest I have seen in a while during a race. Great driving by all.

While we are talking about the deluge, just a quick note to the PR powers that be ... Pea gravel in the picnic area = good idea. Bark mulch up to the edge of the wall with no drainage = maybe not a good idea.

Mike

Group 1 race
Laps 1-9 fantastic, great times and close racing, then it started getting wet in T2 and braking started to become a challenge in T3A. By lap 13 it was all I could do to get the slicks to not float to any given low point. Braking in T3A, only if you dropped anchor! I'm glad it is my habit to stay off the fogline while braking for T3A as an Area driver in a rental car took the escape road on my left. It was so wet that you couldn't feel the wheels lock up, you just had to figure you were skidding because you weren't slowing down. I exited T8 just as they threw the checker, but I was not going to try and swim around another lap. So a DNF for me. Heck by then T5-6 was a parking lot anyway.
I got back in time to bail out the car, defog the windows and get my renter in for a great Group 5 race, same slicks now freshly washed.
Hats off to Safety and turn workers, who were all looking for dry clothes, I'm sure, after that deluge!

Back