DKW Special

dlambert

I am in the process of restoring a DKW Special formerly raced as an FSR by Cal Watson. The car has an ICSCC sticker on it--roughly 3" x 5"--that I would like to replace (the present one has a large rusty bolt through it). Are these for sale somewhere?

Thanks, David

I've got a bunch of these in a drawer at home. I've got some back from the '90s to the current look. Post a picture of what you need and
I'll see if I have one to match. And it will be free to a good home (like a race-car restore).

Here is a picture of the sticker (I hope the picture shows).

Thanks for the kind offer, it is much appreciated!

David

I thought I sold Cal's car to a fellow in New Mexico?

You did. From New Mexico it traveled to Alabama, then I bought it from the gentleman in Alabama. When I got the car it was much the same as when you sold it, sans engine. The engine was a solid lump of rust at that point.

At the present the replacement engine and transaxle are out for work, and I am taking a mold off the front section of the body (I will replace the body--it's too brittle and banged-up to use now). I have a few questions about the original configuration of the car; may I pester you with a question or two?

Thanks, David

You did. From New Mexico it traveled to Alabama, then I bought it from the gentleman in Alabama. When I got the car it was much the same as when you sold it, sans engine. The engine was a solid lump of rust at that point.

At the present the replacement engine and transaxle are out for work, and I am taking a mold off the front section of the body (I will replace the body--it's too brittle and banged-up to use now). I have a few questions about the original configuration of the car; may I pester you with a question or two?

Thanks, David

Better to take questions off line. email at bdboggs@aol.com

Back