Did we make history this weekend?

Mike, I ran one race group also, and had 100 minutes of track time over 2 days, which is at least 15 if not 20 minutes more than we get at a normal event. So I am confused when you say you had less time last week-end.
An initial practice session is important to start off the week-end I agree, and we should maintain that session.
Rich, I have not availed myself of the two groups I could run in due to financial issues, but if I could run both I would for sure. Losing an opportunity to have two run groups like everyone else has is not fair, but our declining numbers are putting us in a very tough spot. Those of us who favor this change in format need to either meet face to face or discuss this via email and work out the kinks.
Iron man Adams - 50 minute sprints - sounds tiring!

We liked the double race weekend format at Mission. Race weekends are about being busy racing, not sitting on you butt waiting to race.

4 races (two race groups) in one weekend was awesome. We ran G1 and G4, and had the toughest time with the timing with tech, the first on track and the last to leave, but it was worth it in the end and no complaints here.

In Grand-Am we spend about 3-5 days at the track for a race weekend and get one race at the end of the whole thing. The Mission weekend was action packed and a lot of fun, keep it up guys!

Thanks to everyone who put the event together and kept the show running smoothly.

.....Rich, I have not availed myself of the two groups I could run in 1. due to financial issues, but if I could run both I would for sure. Losing an opportunity to have two run groups 2. like everyone else has is not fair, but our declining numbers are putting us in a very tough spot. Those of us who favor this change in format 3. need to either meet face to face or discuss this via email and work out the kinks.....

Yup on financial issues. In addition to the extra hit on entering, it sucks a lot more life out of the Kent and Pinto's.
Agree
As of Jeff's recent decision I no longer represent a racer as his Crew Chief/confidant. So my 'comments' about this are from a workers perspective only. Need a group of drivers to write the proposal.

I propose we gather as a group with both drivers and workers and discuss this over the next 60 days. The worker input regarding number of events and the length of day are very important to this discussion.
I would like to ask anyone with ideas, input, format, suggestions, etc email me at openwheel27@hotmail.com and we can start breaking this down by email with regular updates posted here.

>>JC...well you're a force to deal with in the dry and the rain...glad I watched the rain race from the fence...your dry spin in t-2 got me up on the wheel...and you are right about fenders ...this open wheel stuff is a blast and if you aren't doing it you should give it a try...I love it!<<

Thank you for the kind words.

From now on, you guys are going to hate me.

I will be praying and doing a rain dance at the paddock. For some incredible reason, I found racing in the rain, ............................... easier than racing on the dry. It was as if I was totally in concert with the track and my car. I loved it so much, .......................... that I took an extra two laps after the checkered flag. I didn't want it to end!! It was simply exhilarating.

I hope you can make it to Spokane but if not, there should be a fairly large number racing in the next Seattle race. I worked turns at the Sovren historics this last weekend and I spoke to 4 other FF drivers who are planning to race in Seattle at the end of this month.

J.C.

I'm a novice Vee driver up in BC and will only be racing at Mission until the end of the season..

I expect to run at least one event in Seattle and one in ORP next year, but I can honestly say that the standard 1x 30 minute race is a deterrent, personally. Maybe it's just from being used to the 2 race format up here, but it seems like a lot of traveling and expense for 1 race. And honestly, after 20 minutes, I'm just about done! I feel like the extra 10 minutes won't add much to my experience, but a whole extra race is huge.

If the ICSCC format were to change to a similar double-race format more regularly, it would be a big incentive to race down in the states more often :)

Thanks for the input, and believe me there are many drivers who are anxious to see this format change. We'd love to have more Canadians join us down here, so please do run at least a few events in the States while we work on this proposal.

Wes

Hey Wes: We'll all be there in September (24/25). Vee power of course. Best you find a ride, because there will be a good size group. I hope. Can we all stay at your place? 30 out.

The 2 Race weekend would encourage a few of us from Calgary to come down to Mission and possibly the US. We almost made the Mission weekend this year but due to schedule could not. We plan on being there next year if the same format is run...

Some of you should come up to Calgary. We run 7 races (6 - 15 minute, 1 - 20 minute) per weekend but then again we only run 3 run groups (open wheel, closed wheel and Vintage) !!

Im really getting around to this too late, but I had to pass on my impressions of my first weekend with you guys, and my first weekend road racing.

Simply put, it was fantastic.

Fantastic even though I had a myriad of problems leading up to(sleeping in the truck in the parking lot,lol), and during the weekend, that at one point(spindle/control arm separating) looked to be over after the first practice session Saturday.
I have Greg to thank for going out of his way to bring one of you fine people(apologies - I forget your name right now, but I do have your biz card still) over to give a hand putting my car back together. I was resigned to the fact I was going to be loading the trailer, but just over an hour later, Im back with a running car. I had some great fun afterwards, even if the car was a little bit of a pig, lol, but it was great fun racing Tony in the Cobra, Scott in the Miata, and others. I even led for a few laps!

To my neighbor in the pits in the awesome looking WRX, thanks for letting me borrow your floor jack, and the encouraging words about my driving.

To those who don't know, this was a novice race for me, so I didn't know really what to expect that weekend, and I was left with a huge smile on my face at the end of the weekend.
It was all very much worth all the trouble I went through, and a large part of the credit for making it happen goes to you guys. Thank you!

I will be back to race with you all asap, just need work to back off a little...

Cheers'

John Reznik
#117 Scirocco

oh yeah, thanks to all who stayed at the end of the novice race. the applause/cheering in the pits was a fantastic ending to the weekend!
Big smiles :)

Nope, not red, and not very quick, lol.

More like the charcoal grey, ride height of a 4x4, blown head gasket, VW Scirocco. :redface:

Ah, I remember your car! I was flagging on Turn 3 when you had your little mechanical mishap hehe. I was only flagging in the morning so I didn't know you got the car back together, glad to hear it was fine!

:)

Back