Come join a couple of your local racers at a manufacturer's "Ride and Drive"

whill

Come join a couple of your local racers at a manufacturer's "Ride and Drive"

A few of us are helping a manufacturer do some consumer events to expose people to their cars. I'm not posting this to promote their cars, just the event. These modern cars have some pretty amazing features (manual shift modes, multi-level stability controls, tons of horsepower) so you might find it interesting to come out and see what some of these electronic and manual features really do for you while you're driving.

We have a great group of professionals that will take you through several exercises and really explain what these modern cars can do. They’ll be able to compare the cars you’re driving at the event (the whole Jaguar lineup) to the cars you drive daily. It’s truly a fun and educational event. (and there are NO sales associates on site!)

The event takes about an hour and a half to run through, beginning with a street drive in the model that competes with the 7 series. From there, after a short intro in the main tent, you’ll have 4 different exercises to go through…all set up in autocross style tracks. One highlights modern stability controls and traction aids (we do this on a VERY slick surface) as well as advantages of manual shifting in an automatic. This is a slow speed event, however the next course is anything but. It’s a pure and simple 0-60-0 run in a pretty rare XKR-S. This thing is a monster, hard to come by, and even though I LOVE my BMW, this car will make you grin! Another course is about refinement. This course is a slow speed course as well but it has no adult supervision with you in the car. It’s a good chance to compare another manufacturer’s technologies to yours. Things like NAV and other creature comforts are fun to play with, like at the AutoShow, but you’re not inside a convention center, you're outside and you can drive these things over a course full of potholes and speedbumps.

The last course is the hook for all of you “drivers” out there. It’s a timed autocross with prizes for the winners. Come join some of your local club members and see if you can earn some bragging rights! For some of you, I want to see if you can be quick in a car that’s unfamiliar to you. It’s easy to be fast in a car that you’ve been driving for a year, what about a car that you’ve never driven before? And here’s the thing, I’ll throw in a dinner for any club member that can beat one of our Pro’s around the track. (full disclosure, we have an ex-Formula 1 driver, a Le Mans winner, a national contender Formula D drifter helping us, so that won’t be easy)

The event is being held next week, Friday through Sunday, at Emerald Downs. Below you'll find the needed information to reserve a spot. There is a website and a special VIP code that you can use to RSVP. The national marketing manager arranged this for me to offer it to local club members, I hope you’ll take me up on this…

Again, this is all for fun, but I'd love to see some familiar faces out there during the weekend. It isn't often that I get to work in my hometown so I'm looking forward to it!

GRAB A JAGUAR BY THE WHEEL
YOUR EXCLUSIVE EVENT INVITATION

You and a guest are invited to an exclusive, complimentary event to unleash the
seductive capabilities of the new 2012 Jaguar Cars.
Explore each car’s advanced automotive technologies and get hands-on driving
instruction from professional drivers on specially designed courses.
Do not miss this exciting opportunity coming to your area:
June 22-24, 2012
Emerald Downs
2300 Emerald Downs Drive
Seattle, WA

RSVP NOW AT:
JAGUARALIVEDRIVING.COM
RSVP Code: CNQKH6
Space is limited. RSVP* today

Last edited:
Had a good time. Got to really push the latest Jag stuff. Damn, the XK-RS was a rocket! Had the best autocross time in my group in a four door XFR and received a very nice piece of car art signed on site by the artist. Fun diversion for the day.

Many thanks to the folks at Jag for a wonderful event! A special thanks to Kevin Doyle and the Hill brothers for making us feel very welcome! The Conference racers were well represented on the AutoCross course with Wes coaching me to a Fastest Lap time for the day on Friday and a similar award of a signed original drawing of one of the Jags. I have a favorable impression of their brand and would definitely consider them the next time I am in the market.

All though I didn't know it at the time, the coach in my autox run was Roberto Guererro (spelling?) His name tag had Roberto and of course I didn't recognize him pretty much only having seen him in a helmet over the years. I found out later in the day after he was gone. The Jags were very inpressive.

Oh, I had a BIG crush on Roberto Guerrero when I started flagging in 1990 and he was a participant in the Vancouver Indy! If I'd known he was there, I would have asked if I could drive one of the cars!!! Dang ...

Yup! Of course, that was before I discovered Rick Mears, and I switched my crush to him where it's steadfastly remained ever since!

And if you tell me that Rick Mears was also one of the instructors, I'll have to go jump off a nearby bridge!!! (but I'm fairly confident he was in the corn fields ...)

Back