Aussie V 8 Supercars on Speed Sunday

transamdriver

Some real racing on Speed tomorrow Sunday.

The BTC was awesome today.

Check out "Race Fan TV" for racing listings.

Robert Barg

Man, wish I got Speed here.

Those V8 Supercars (Holden ((chevy in disguise)) / Ford) are AWESOME racing. Also as a side note, pretty good training ground for the bump and grind of NASCAR. Can't wait for the day 2 time Supercar champ Marcos Ambrose wins a NASCAR roundy-round race. He's one world class driver to come out of that racing.

He's running in the 24 Hrs of Dubai next month with a Ferrari 430 GT2 team. Wonder if that will be on Speed??

Last edited:
Man, wish I got Speed here.

Those V8 Supercars (Holden ((chevy in disguise))

As far as I could tell, that race was the only one they're going to show-
the season opener at the Melborne F1 track, right?

Naw, Richard, you're not missing much without LackofSpeed- it's almost all Wrecked, Stinks,
PimpmyRide and now cop shows. And the video quality in new 'digital' format is really terrible.

And the Holdens aren't really GM's- same parent company, but really completely different
products (more so than Vauxhall any more) and pretty cool in their own right...
GM imported Holdens to the US and rebadged them as GTO's!!

My favorite quote a couple of years ago when they were 'new' in the US-
"Well, it's a completely new car, so we had to start from scratch..."
STILL kills me- they've been racing them in Oz for 4 decades...

t

Last edited:
V8 supercar races were fun to watch, same with the BTC.

It's also good to see the TDI cup races on, I really enjoyed watching our own local Joey Atterbury take it to them at VIR.

Have to agree with Toby, on the Speed Channel. If it didn't come with the bundle that I wanted for other channels, I would be really upset about having to pay for much extra for it. When they do have racing its good, but its few and far between.

.... the Speed Channel. If it didn't come with the bundle that I wanted for other channels, I would be really upset about having to pay for much extra for it.....

Yes I've heard that. Speed even gave up their SCCA runoffs contract in 2009. Speed gets less worthy of its name every year. Even NHRA has gone to ESPN and NASCAR has 2 channels covering them.

But then, I remember the days when you tuned to ABC Wide World of Sports to see ALL KINDS of motor racing..

oh yeah, I forgot to get my dig in on SPEED...

Next they'll have Pinks:NASCAR. DW will drag race an old Winston Cup car against four 16 year old kids in a Honda Civic (running NOS of course)...for titles! Because that's exactly what Darrell needs, a 1989 Civic that will run the quarter mile once.

I dunno. SPEED hasn't be good for a long time, but at least they show SOME road racing. With the DVR I can store up quite a few hours of enjoyment, then get my trickle in over the winter.

Back