Another track in the neighborhood?

This has been in the planning phase for YEARS! It's a great location for a track and they have more plans then just ICSCC for it. It's on the same land as the current track just relocated slightly behind the airport. No clue who the leader of the effort is.

This has been in the planning phase for YEARS! It's a great location for a track and they have more plans then just ICSCC for it. It's on the same land as the current track just relocated slightly behind the airport. No clue who the leader of the effort is.

I just took a look at Google Earth. It is actually across the highway from the airport. opposite side of the airport from the existing Bremerton circuit. They rotated the image. It confused me, so I went to Google Earth to see where the hangers are located. The seem to have plans for a bridge over the highway that looks to be for pedestrians. Can they attract a pro series? And will the fans support one? Portland can't seem to attract enough fans to keep a pro race. Pacific couldn't hold on to the Trans-Am series back in its glory. I'm not sure the fans will pony up the money in the Northwest.

I know a few of those who have been involved for a couple years now working with the Port of Bremerton for land zoning approval, etc, etc. While the track appears to be well thought out and will support racing, drags and auto crossing, the bigger issue to me is all the money which will be needed to build it and whether or not that huge amount of money can be raised privately through investors. Will really be a hard sell given the upgrades which hopefully will happen over the next several years at PR as well as the continuing development of The Ridge. The only way this Bremerton facility could make it if built, IMO, would be if commitments could be had from the Pro racing community, which recently has chosen to pretty much ignore the Pacific Northwest.

Back