37th Anual 8 Hours of the Cascades (Saturday Oct20th 2012) @PIR

Mark Estes

This is from our Cascade car club's Newsletter, just cutting and pasting some information about the Enduro that has changed from previous years more details as we get closer to the event! It's not too early to start assembling your teams!

Mark Estes (CSCC secretary)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

37TH ANNUAL 8 HOURS OF THE CASCADES
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20th 2012 @ P.I.R

There are a few changes to this year’s 8 Hours of the Cascades.

. New class structure – This structure should greatly increase the competitiveness
of many more cars!!! It also eliminates in some classes the advantage gained by
preparing an “endurance” car – The new structure is designed to make normal
sprint race cars competitive.

. New price structure – An entry fee for the car and then a per driver fee. Total en-
try fee will end up being very similar to 2011. 2 - 3 driver teams will see slightly
lower entry fees compared to 2011 while 4 and up driver teams will see slightly
higher entry fees compared to 2011 ( assuming an early entry and not taking into
account credits earned from the mini enduros ).

. An early entry fee discount – Enter by 9/20/12 and receive a discount of $100.00

. Cascade One Hour Mini Enduro participants receive credit towards the 8 Hours
of the Cascades based upon points earned in those races. Entry fee credits
equal up to $102.00 per driver. Actual discounts for each driver are posted at
www.cascadesportscarclub.org under FAST Specialties Mini Enduro results on
the “Racing” page – scroll to the bottom. Discounts will be applied by the Race
Registrar at time of registration.

. Prize Money structure – The more cars in a class the larger the payout is to the
class winner. In addition, $750.00 in Bonus Prize Money for a class within a
class field of 8 or more cars. Example: If eight or more PRO3 cars are entered
in E2 - $750 will be split between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers (60/30/10
percentage split ). The bonus prize money is in addition to the other prize mon-
ey.

MOST EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME FUN THE CASCADE ENDURO
BRINGS TO THOSE WHO PARTICIPATE!!! THIS RACE IS A GREAT WAY TO
END THE SEASON – WE ALL KNOW HOW LONG THE OFF SEASON CAN BE.
COME JOIN THE FUN AT THE LONGEST RUNNING ENDURO WEST OF THE
MISSISSIPPI UTILIZING A LEMANS START !!!

Thanks for posting this one up early.. i know a few saw it pop up on motorsportsreg not long ago. One thing i noticed was on the schedule the new classes are reflected, but on the supps it still has the old ones on there. Just an fyi.

I like the new layout...it encourages most of the non enduro pro3 guys and gals to run their normal setup. Or roll the dice and go eip setup with hoosiers like many did last year and have a different class altogether. I do believe EU will be one of the bigger groups though.

I am expecting to be in a german car of some sort

I have fixed the problem with the supps on Motorsports Reg. I now has the right 2012 supps. Thanks for the heads up.
Gail Fetterman, Registrar

Back