Winter Autocross Series in Shelton, WA (Sanderson Field)

mikecolangelo

Hello All:

Here's a chance for racers to shake off the rust and get some seat time before our road racing season begins. The WWSCC is hosting its annual Slush Series consisting of autocross events at Sanderson Field in Shelton, WA on Feb 7, Feb 21, and March 7. These are all on a Sunday.

Here's the main website:
www.wwscc.org

Here's the signup page:
http://scorekeeper.wwscc.org/register/slush10/login

I'm not sure about the entry fee for each event, but it should be between $25-$35 for a half-day (morning or afternoon session) of racing.

For those who have never autocrossed, let me say that this is a great way to get back into racing mode, shakedown the car, and participate in a fun and friendly competition. Yes, seat time is pretty limited. Figure 3-4 runs at 50-70 seconds each. But I find it to be a lot of fun and a nice change of pace. I will be there in my Evo and/or a certain Honda race car (maybe). :cool:

Hope to see some of my fellow racers out there, too!

Last edited:
Mke. You wrote: Here's another run by some hack in his Spec Miata:

Goodness. I needed a minute to recover as I got dizzy watching your run. Certainly not so easy.
Seriously now. How did your times compare for the class you ran?

Mke. You wrote: Here's another run by some hack in his Spec Miata:

Goodness. I needed a minute to recover as I got dizzy watching your run. Certainly not so easy.
Seriously now. How did your times compare for the class you ran?

Hi Jim.

As I recall, there were about 8-10 cars in my class and I finished 4th. Just missed a trophy!

Nicely done Mike. I saw my first solo at the age of six in Germany back in 1956 which was held in the parking lot of three schools. Huge crowd watching so it must have been a championship of some type. Stayed two plus hours past the time I was supposed to be home but was well worth the price I paid when I got home. I told myself I wanted to do that someday but did all out racing instead. Still want to give it a go sometime so maybe this is the year. My expectations won't be too high considering I'd be out there in a 96 Intrepid. On the other hand the number of cones I"d hit with such an animal should make for a fun story.

Back