Who heads up the Novice program these days?

bbenthin

NCW #322
I've taken the IRDC driver's school twice now...finally getting serious and setting a deadline for myself. :redface:

If you got your cert from Driver Training, you need to submit for a Novice permit along with a medical form found here:

http://www.icscc.com/forms.php

You designate yourself as a Novice on the Competition License Application Form.

You wll be issued a Novice Log Book and other needed materials.

At that point your life as a racer is in the hands of Randy Blaylock - License Director. It's a scary thought but Randy's a nice guy.

Last edited:
Brian, will you be racing at PIR in April and/or Pacific in May?

I had a blast in the Novice racer program and I'm sure you will, too. Let me know if you need any help.

Bring it up. Bring it out. Bring it on. Bring it... Geez!

But don't bring it where Wes and Rich are confused, or you'll never meet deadline, just dead-pan.

Best of luck, Brian.

Brian -

You need to send your license application with all the forms, etc to Karen McCoy and make sure you keep copies for yourself. I sent off a Conference package in early February with check, forms etc and it never arrived. May have sent it to Randy by mistake. Anyways, Karen McCoy handles licensing requests for both Conference and SCCA....Having just completed the SCCA school in Portland and running first SM race, I still look forward to the novice race at Pacific on May 1st. They way I look at it, I want to stay closer to Seattle, so doing both SCCA novice and Conference novice at same time eliminates some of the long and expensive hauls to Portland.....

Hope to see you on the track May 1 -----

Bill

'Bout friggen time, there Benthin! Sheesh. I figured at the rate you were going they would stop making parts for that Man-yata of yours! heh. :)

If you got your cert from Driver Training, you need to submit for a Novice permit along with a medical form found here:

http://www.icscc.com/forms.php
At that point your life as a racer is in the hands of Randy Blaylock - License Director. It's a scary thought but Randy's a nice guy.

Not so scary, loves helping Novices out. Pay attention at the meetings, and have a PBR afterwards with him.
Bill Bonsell
Brian -
You need to send your license application with all the forms, etc to Karen McCoy and make sure you keep copies for yourself. I sent off a Conference package in early February with check, forms etc and it never arrived. May have sent it to Randy by mistake. Anyways, Karen McCoy handles licensing requests for both Conference and SCCA....Having just completed the SCCA school in Portland and running first SM race, I still look forward to the novice race at Pacific on May 1st. They way I look at it, I want to stay closer to Seattle, so doing both SCCA novice and Conference novice at same time eliminates some of the long and expensive hauls to Portland.....
Do all of this as soon as possible helps Karen out as she has a lot to handle this time of year.

If you have any question or need some more advice ask away will help if I can. Being a Novice will be something you will never forget and you will enjoy a lot. Everyone in the paddock will help you and check on you. Don't forget to attend the BBQ after the race and meet the workers.

'Bout friggen time, there Benthin! Sheesh. I figured at the rate you were going they would stop making parts for that Man-yata of yours! heh. :)

I know, right? I was starting to worry about the availablity of fossil fuels by the time I made my novice debut.
Figured I'd better <censored> or get off the pot. ;)

Back