Where can I find IRDC track scores for PIR?

Stephen-
If you are looking for the track records for PIR they are on the CSCC website. They include with the chicane (updated Sept 2010) and without the chicane (updated Apr 2010). If you are looking for the Conference track records at PR that is my responsibility. I have a good jump on the qualifying lap records and after that I will be working on the race lap records. Then following some proof reading I will submit them to be placed on the IRDC website. Hope this helps, Duane

Well, if you accept the fact that SCCA FV's are the same as ICSCC FV's... then.....

1:39.404 by Dennis Andrade in a VORTECH during the National race on 5/30/05.. but then, what do those SCCA guys know :) :)

Don't know about ICSCC actual records at Pacific. SHOULD BE on the IRDC web site but cannot find them.

Last edited:
For the race I was on American racers.
I ran the practice and Qualifying on an old set of Hoosiers.
In Nationals, I run New sticky Hoosiers. Racers are about a 2 second or so disadvantage. I qualified at 1:39.551 in May on new Hoosiers. Best I could squeeze out of the Racers was a 1:42 and change.

I'm not a fan of the American Racer tires at all. I believe there is a rule proposal to drop the spec tire so that we can get some of the National drivers to come run some conference races. It sure would be nice.

Stephen,
OK then.
As stated earlier, IRDC member Duane Martinsen has wonderfully volunteered to
work on this.
Obviously I will leave it up to you and him as to how to handle that fast Qual time.
Out of curiosity (I did race in FV ((long time ago)) and have been in Group 6 for a
while now) I looked back some.
A prior pretty fast FV race lap time was set on Aug 5 2007 when Cheryl Gilbert
beat you in the race and for Fastest Lap with a 1:43.887.
But, as far as I can see, the race fastest lap was set on May 18, 2003 when
Craig Curtis (I'm sure you remember him) did a 1:41.833, which beats yours.
So, congrats on your win, but it appears no Race Fastest Lap Record for you.

As to the rules, ICSCC operates in a democratic manner. We prefer to have our
member drivers vote on the rules (and specs.) once a year, every year.
Yeah, yeah, there are some ill feelings among our club members about some
authority just coming out with changes (and sometimes at mid year) that
can whack out a planned budget - or even eliminate an already legal car.

Our time for that rules vote is here - IRDC's is Wed. Oct. 5, 2011.
The vast majority of the time, we do go with what our members in that
class communicate to us is their preferance.

Yeah, yeah, democracy is not perfect - it was never purported to be.
It's untidy, and, to work well, it needs member involvement and volunteer
work.

But, in the 1700s a lot of people got fed up with the way those in charge
were making autocratic decisions & just deciding things, so in the age of
enlightenment they looked back at the system Greeks, and, at times, Romans,
tried. So a bunch of founding fathers decided to try a great experiment
of a democratic system. George Washington liked it. So, lately it's been
in the news a lot, with POTUS Obama following the lead of POTUS Bush
and talking it up around the world. Yes, a bit messy at times.
I can understand those who think it is simpler to just let some paid
authority (say 1,500 miles away) do the deciding. I understand;
but I, and the majority of ICSCC members, prefer democracy,
and being involved and volunteering.

So, Bob,
Am I correct in understanding the FV tire issue is the Hoosers give more
grip, but the performance "falls off a cliff" after limited heat cycles,
while the American Racers give longer near base line performance?

Your opinion means a lot to me. Please confirm that a majority of our FV
drivers wish this change. Then let me (& us) know.

And to both Bob, Stephen, and all others, it certainly would be nice
to get more FV entries on the US side of the border.

Lee, that is part of the issue.. New hoosiers are significantly faster than new american racers, probably about 2 seconds around PR. The Hoosiers will probably lose about a second after 4-5 heat cycles and maybe 2 seconds by the time they get to 8-10 cycles. American racers might not have such a steep drop off, but they'll still lose grip with cycles. I was always told that people were driving a full season on one set of American Racers - I really doubt a set of American Racers with 15 cycles will be competitive.. I know I'm not!

The other thing most people hate about the AR's is how much air they leak. Pretty incredible that someone can build a tire this badly! They lose at least 1 psi per hour. If I leave them at 17/19psi before I leave for the night, they'll be FLAT, 0psi in the morning. I can leave Hoosiers on the car from one month to the other and maybe have to add 1 or 2 pounds per tire.

Anyway, the biggest reason for the rule change requests is to make sure the rules are the same between ICSCC and other organizations that, at the moment, have higher FV entries. We run with open tires in CACC and so does SCCA, both have decent numbers at most events. I think if Conference wants to attract more FV entries, we need to make sure the rules are the same, otherwise very few drivers will be willing to buy a set of tires (that they don't like) to run an event. The cost difference between Hoosiers/Goodyears and American Racers ($150?) does not justify the performance drop or the hassle of running them, in my opinion..

Edit: I'm not against spec tires in general.. Just don't think this is a particularly good choice at the moment. We are slow enough as is, tire technology has moved on quite a bit and it's time to catch up. I would support another spec tire if the circumstances were different, but I think attracting bigger fields from CACC and SCCA is more important than containing costs.. If the fields stay as small as they are (if we don't count Mission, the average FV entries must be less than 1..) it won't matter anyway, the odd car that shows up can run whatever tires he wants to run.

Last edited:
Lee,

As you know, I raced ICSCC from 2005-2007 in FV when I first started out. Even won a championship I am mighty proud of. I moved over to SCCA because I can run with 10 cars. I raced in 2 conference races this year, and one CSCC event. (along with 7 SCCA nationals)

It would be nice to have someone to race with on a regular basis. In Portland, there was a vintage vee running about 10 seconds a lap slower. In Seattle, it was closer - so more fun. We had 5 entries (one could not run), and that makes it better. In mission in August we had 20+. (no spec tire - 6 SCCA drivers attended this race)

The spec tire is not the only reason I do not run many Conference races anymore. It is the lack of FV's. However, if SCCA drivers have to buy a specific tire to run an event with ICSCC, they're not going to do it.

So I may not be a card carrying member now, but I used to be - and would like to again if we can help get the numbers up.

Lastly - My times from 2007 are not comparable to today. :)

Back