We need to know who you are

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Now that the new version of the forum has been active for more than 2 months, I wanted to point people at the thread which makes it a requirement that your real name appear somewhere in your posts. It doesn't matter where or how you do this, so long as someone reading your post could figure out who you are in "meatspace," i.e., who you are in real life, beyond the forum.

I will start tagging posts that fail to follow this ICSCC-mandated requirement and repeat offenders will eventually have Things Done to Them.

Hmmmmm.

Would this rule apply to, oh, administrators????;)

Also, just being the kind of person I am (and maybe my brain is still addled from standing outside in the cold for several hours like a fool), I find myself wondering just WHAT Things Will Be Done? Body waxing by wristband adhesive? Required to hand snow shovel the racing line? Mandatory barbecue staffing for the entire racing season? Tickle torture?

Yep. Definitely too much time out in the cold for me.

The "Administrator" account is a generic account used (presently by me; see this thread) for general posts by the administrator role rather than any one person. :p

As for the "Things," we're talking forum-related sanctions or, more likely, admin-enforced changes to the "offenders'" user accounts.

If we don't use our real names, the disenters will never be identified, then they won't konw who to ship to the goulag.

db

As part of my effort to let people know that they need to do something to be more inline with this policy, I'm marking posts with "infractions." If you get one, please know the following:
  • Nobody knows about it except for you and me, i.e., it's not meant as a public shaming.
  • It has no significance as far as the way our system is set up, and is solely a way for me to know who I've mentioned this issue to.
  • It goes away on its own.
  • PLEASE don't take it personally: it's just a reminder that we've started enforcing the policy.

When thinking about the information conveyed in your user name, title, or signature, please bear in mind that it needs to be enough for someone new to Conference to know who you are. While long-standing members of Conference may assume that "everyone" knows who they are, that might not actually be the case. :)

I will be the first to come out. I was ticketed with my first infraction.
I quickly added my name to keep these tickets from filling up my glove-box. :D

I will be the first to come out. I was ticketed with my first infraction.
I quickly added my name to keep these tickets from filling up my glove-box. :D

Actually that is ticket two.
Mike B issue you one yesterday for the slalom episode.

You have me covered, and I thought I was a goof :p
You set a tough standard.:D

Consider it payback for the "Sanford and Son comment"

Last edited:
I beg forgiveness, compassion and understanding.

Dear Mr. Forum Administrator:

>> .........which makes it a requirement that your real name appear somewhere in your posts. It doesn't matter where or how you do this, so long as someone reading your post could figure out who you are in "meatspace," i.e., who you are in real life, beyond the forum..........<<

OK, OK, OK, ....................... my real name is JESUS AMADO CUEVAS VALERIO a.k.a "J.C."

I am the guy that makes the orgasmic salsa known to some at the paddocks. I am also the guy that runs into tire (tyres in Canada) walls at high rates of speed for reasons not known or taught at any of the open wheel racing schools.

In the past, I admit, I've signed my posts in this forum with my initials, "J.C.", which also happen to be my my nickname.

If anyone is interested, I will explain as to why I ended up with "J.C." as a nickname. I has to do with a very obscure Scandinavian ritual of killing Cuban refugees during a fulll moon.

Due to fact I fly to Israel on a frequent basis, it is a NECESSITY for me, not to use my "real name"; ................. JESUS, ......... specially during the Easter holidays.

It is a self preservation measure considering Makita cordless drills and sheet metal screws are now readily available in Israel. I simply do not do well with any kind of pain.

If I mislead anyone in this forum by not identifying myself with my "meatspace" name instead of my ............ initials, I am truly sorry.

BTW, ........................ what the hell is a "meatspace name"? Is this an American subcultural issue or some form of colloquialism?

>>I will start tagging posts that fail to follow this ICSCC-mandated requirement and repeat offenders will eventually have Things Done to Them.<<

Please Mr. Administrator do not anything rash that might, in any way, put my "Green Card" in jeopardy. There are some Nazi factions still present in the Immigration Department. I don't want to go to Guantanamo.

I worked very hard to become a legal and useful member of this community and I would hate to think that using my initials in this forum, might destroy my chances to fully partake in the American Dream all the opportunities available in this wonderful country.

Besides, ............. who is going to mow your lawns, clean your table at your favorite restaurants? Who is going to offer you inexpensive janitorial services?

In other words;.......... Why for you kick my dog?; ............ he no bark you.

Respectfully;

Jesus Amado Cuevas Valerio a.k.a. ..........."J.C."

Holy cow, JC, I think you've done enough. Besides, your user name (as currently configured) is plenty.

("Meatspace" is geek slang for the real world, as opposed to "cyberspace." I will never, ever use it again, I promise. :D)

JACV, you will be glad to know that the chicane at Mission has been altered, and is now wider on drivers right as you enter, and the high curbing is either gone or being downsized. So no more high flying from you my friend. I haven't seen the changes, but I was told the story by someone who has, and I hope it's true cause it was a pain in the a.. in my opinion.

mission

Heck you guys - there was nothing wrong with Mission for open wheel drivers. I am sure the big bore pilots with all that HP and inertia to play with saw it differently though. I suppose fenders weigh-in as heavy.

If we keep straightening out the track and removing curbs we will eventually end up with another drag strip.

Just another controversial statement from up North of the border.

James.
AKA James Dallimore (the guy with the pretty pink/yellow/purple FC #14)

Getting onto the front straight quicker equals using up a little more brake at the far end. Good thing that track was so easy on brakes to start with ... (eye roll followed by snicker.....)

Back