We need a group hug & my dad's new/old Porsche 944!

mikecolangelo

Okay, things have been a bit rough lately within the Conference family. But this is a great group and I know we'll learn some things and move on. Maybe I'll even do some racing this year (Boeing, are you listening?!!!!) So, who's in for a group hug?!!! :D

Now that I got that taken care of, check out the 1991 Porsche 944 S2 I just picked up for my dad:
91Porsche944S2.jpg

I drove it 760 miles from northern California to Seattle last weekend which is why I didn't race at Pacific last weekend. It was a fun road trip and the car ran like a top. I "understand" Porsches now.

Anyway, it's a cool car and a way for me to say 'Thanks' to my father for all he's done for me. Plus, he's a sports car type of guy and currently drives an econobox appliance (i.e., boring car). This will probably be his last sports car.

It needs some work and I have about a month to get it fixed up before it gets shipped to my folk's place in Connecticut. And then I get shipped off to the east coast for a few months for work. With any luck, the car and I will get shipped off to the east coast together. The plan is that I'll get to do some track days at Lime Rock and/or Watkins Glen with it when I visit.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me sharing that. I thought the forum could use a bit of levity and cheer. :)

Last edited:
Hug it out!

Michael, what a sweet thing to do for your dad. I love that! We'll miss you this summer for sure. Be sure and do VIR while you're back there, it's incredible.

Back