video tread for the Frank Manley Memorial

You know it's bad when you can hear the rain hitting the car over the engine noise.
I kinda wondered why the leisurely drive off of turn 2...you normally don't put a foot wrong. Two other cars behind you did exactly the same thing.
hmmmmmm lugnuts CHECK Fuel CHECK Wipers OH NO CHECK

Group 5 race, Red CRX.

Good times!

http://www.vimeo.com/29622090

Nice video as always... I figured we would play around quite a bit yesterday, but my tires were toast before we even started. Good to see some fun clean racing and it was fun pushing you all the way into 5a to give you a good run away from the BMW's.

About 5 laps in I realized it was all about sticking it out with everyone and having fun... a few laps later it was time to impersonate FormulaD...after you passed me it turned into keep the car in one piece race!!

Had a great time this weekend to close out the club race season. Quite an interesting weekend... had a minor mechanical issue Saturday that had us working til the last minute and then the dramatic weather changes on Sunday.

Here's my Group 5 video:

http://vimeo.com/29647791

I'm not saying it was raining hard toward the end of Grp 1 - but did you see the steel head fishermen between T3B and T4? I did since I couldn't see out the front or back due to fogged windows all I could do is see out the side window nets.

Are you the driver that got fined for gillnetting fish in turn 6? I heard that the driver in question was using his window net to catch fish.

Thanks to Colin's tutorial on this board for video editting, I'm pleased to present my contribution as well as a link to another.

Here's Ted Anthony, JR (Former PRO3 Champ, Grand Am driver, Mustang Challange Champion) driving my car, PRO3 #130 in the Group 5 race on Sunday. Within the EIP race, PRO3 had a few "Pros" or guest drivers taking the wheel and there was a race within a race so to speak with those cars complying with the PRO3 rules to make it interesting.

Here's Kevin Doyle (PRO3 hot-shoe, Proformance Driving Instructor) driving Fred Wright's car, PRO3 #4 in that same race.

Now, if you are clever, and I know you are, load both videos up, then shrink to fit both on your screen at the same time and play with the pause/play feature until they are both synched up. Kevin and Ted have a stellar race!

"Use the force, Luke, I mean Mike". Awesome drive in the wet, Mike! You're so good, you don't even need to see where you are going! :biggrin:

It was an adventure, that is for sure. During the rain, JVL's headlights made it easy to know where he was when I was in front and his taillights were a blessing when I was behind. Otherwise, I could not see him.
I was barely hanging on to what little heat I had in the tires when the double yellow flew. Its a darn good thing we did not go green again, as by that time the tires were just cold slicks floating on the track. I could barely see or keep the car on the track during the caution laps - and I was out front setting the pace! If the green flew again (and if I could see it), I would have needed to pull off. So, it was a great call by race control to throw the checkers - an extra bonus that I was P1 at the time :)

Thanks for a great weekend.

Back