The Ridge - S2 gearing or track info

I'm trying to determine gearing for Ridge Motorsports Park for my Sports 2000 (4 speed 10:31 R&P). Can anyone provide a starting point or track info such as lengths of straights, radius of corners etc. Even min and max speeds for cars such as FFs or FMs would be helpful.

Thanks
Mark Schue

Mark, there have only been a few OW and SR's at the Ridge so far, so not many people to talk to about gearing. If you know Dave Bennitt you might give him a shout. If nothing else, start with Spokane gearing and go from there since their front straights are similar, and they both have lots of twisty bits.

Mark,
You should come drive Spokane in a couple weeks. We will certainly give you our FC's gearing if you bring all your S2 buddies with you.

Charlie,
I'll be running the Dbl Nat at PIR that weekend.....and unfortunatley there aren't that many S2s left in the Northwest anymore.

Give Jimmie Blackwell a call he was at our Test and Tune on the 16th with his Atlantic car. He may be able to give you a ballpark for gearing. My motorcycle sprocket numbers would be no help! Bruce Boyd was there with his Club Ford. Between the 2 you should be able to come up with something close.

Mark, Give John Bachofner a call. He is one of the ORP founders (hence knows the track well), runs an S2 (hence knows the car well) and is in the TC roster (hence an outstanding racer...). It will be a delight to see you run there and I'm sure that either he or Doug Easterbrook knows many S2 gearing secrets. Skip

Back