Thanks to everyone at Seattle this last weekend!

whill

I had a great time (as usual!). First time I'd been out in a while, felt a little rusty, but still had fun. The vollunteers were all amazing, from registration and putting up with a very late entry, to those involved with setting the track up for everyone else to use (and taking it down while everyone else is headed home). The corner workers sat in the heat all weekend and yet continued to smile even as the final run group was finally coming off the track late Sunday afternoon. All of you, AMAZING!!!! and very much appreciated! As for IRDC, you folks kept us on schedule, (no easy task on Saturday) and the stewards were there to help us all when we needed them...

Finally, to all of the drivers over the weekend, my hat is off to you. As those Pro3 drivers that went to Edmonton will tell you, this group as a whole, is world's apart from some of the other organizations that are out there. Group 1 ran with 55 or so cars and not a single lap under yellow!!!! I saw some of the most polite "fast cars" I've ever witnessed wait until they had a clear shot to go around slower stuff as to not impact thier race, as well as some of the Pro3 guys "move right" to let the fast guys take 'em where it was safe. No one lost a whole lot of speed, and everyone (almost I guess) had a good clean session. This has been said before, but I never stop being proud of Conference and all of it's drivers.

Wes Hill
#173 Pro 3

With so many cars on track and some really fast machines among a mix of tight races in near spec cars the prediction for the Group One race was maybe 5 laps under green.

What actually happened was such a great mix of good driving and situational awareness that it ran green from start to finish. A big thumbs up to the Pro3 guys in particular - for the most part I felt like they knew I was coming well in advance and gave great track positioning signals and point bys. I've been in slow cars and fast ones so I know it is much harder than it looked on Sunday. It takes both cars to accomplish a safe pass and you guys took great care of me. I was three wide more times in that one race than I have been in the rest of my time racing combined, but the predictability of the drivers involved never made it uncomfortable.

Special recognition to the driver of the TicTac and the White with Red and Gold Stripe Pro3's - you guys seemed to know WAY in advance when we were coming through, took smart track positions and made early points without compromising your own lines. Honorable mention goes to the two trains that pointed me by on the inside of turn seven and gave me 1.1 car widths while keeping their own throttles pinned over the top around the outside. Excellent job! Hope I didn't mess up anybody's race!

As always, our races are made possible by the efforts of a whole lot of people who contibute their time, energy and enthusiasm. Three cheers for the race directors, registrar, stewards, tech, corner crews, emergency personnel, timing and scoring, pre-grid, and drivers services along with anyone else I've foolishly overlooked. Thanks for your contribution to making our race so successful on a scorching hot week-end!

Last edited:
Wes Hill said, "The vollunteers were all amazing, from registration and putting up with a very late entry, to those involved with setting the track up for everyone else to use (and taking it down while everyone else is headed home)"

I happen to think that Wes is being VERY modest in this regard.
Because I happen to know, that he and Ken Hill worked hard in
helping set up the track both days (and believe helping take it down),
in addition to all the other things they help do for successful IRDC events.
My hat is off to bothe of them.

His overall message is very important. Our volunteers are absolutely
critical to our being successful (IRDC and, indeed, all of Conference).
And, a further hint, it is so helpful when drivers, and their crew and
families, do what Ken and Wes did, and go the extra mile.
The entry fees are a great, and very important contribution,
but so much more is needed every race event.

It is our clubs, and people volunteering through them, that
put on our race events (sorry, the tracks do not do it).

Back