Team Spreen

rwspreen

After over 20 years of open wheel racing Team Spreen is waving the checkered flag. It is time to redirect attention toward more family time and new adventures.

Being part of the Conference family for two decades has brought laughs and tears, joy and terror, challenges and surprises. The cars, the competition, and driving on the limit have all made racing an experience we’ll always treasure, but what is most valued by us are the friends we’ve made along the way. Racing has taught us a lot about ourselves, but most importantly it has brought us closer to extraordinary people who we would have never met without this common bond.

Both cars, a spare fresh Ivey engine, the trailer, and a mountain of Crossle/Club Ford spares are for sale and detailed in the “Buy & Sell” section of this forum. (Well, the spares will be detailed when the inventory has been completed…)

The cars go, but we get to keep the memories, and most importantly, the friends.

Thank you! It’s been a great ride.

Bob, Jeanne and Kris Spreen

To the Spreen Family,

That must have been a hard decision to make.
Your family has always been such a welcome presence during our seasons of Conference Family Get Togethers.
I have so enjoyed meeting you and appreciate all the ways you have supported Conference and the volunteers.
I hope you will still come out occasionally to visit us.
Best of luck for the future and your new adventures.
We will miss you.

Lynn and Thomas

I find that news very sad Bob, and I'm sure it was not an easy decision to make. You 3 will be sorely missed for sure.
Please come visit us next year when time allows.

Bob, that makes my heart hurt. I just told the story to someone last week about you being high-centred on the curbing in Portland the first time I met you! You and Jeanne were a couple I very much looked forward to seeing at the track. Your leaving makes it feel like a little bit of the spark is gone. The biggest thrill of the weekend for me was watching the big bunch of Club Fords roaring nose to tail and side to side around the track. Watching those numbers dwindle really does break my heart. And losing good people like you from the Conference family is going to leave a big void. I’m truly sorry to see you go, but I hope the future holds good things for you and Jeanne and the rest of the Spreens. Many, many hugs.

It has been a pleasure to have folks like you in confrence. This is my first year as announcer for cascade sports car club, and there has been no greater race to call then between the spreens and others in cf. It has been awsome and I wish everyone the best. Thanks again.

Jeff Hanken:)

Hey Bob, if the Stewards can go 2 pages (probably more before it's done) just on belts, the good wishes for you and your family can give it a run for it's money.

You and your family are one of the class acts at the track, Bob, and I'm sorry to see that you're hanging up your helmet (and clipboard). Thanks again for getting lunch at the Portland race.

Back