Stilo helmet

I've never seen one but they are becoming pretty highly regarded. No dealer in Washington, yet. But there are a couple in California. Maybe Armadillo Andy can pick up the line :) :)

http://stilo-usa.com/helmets

They are FIA and SNELL certified so should be perfectly legal.

Considering the prices.... hopefully they protect you from heart attacks too.

Full Facers run from $1,000 to $4,000... holey helmets !!!! Rally/Auto cross open facers are within the bounds of reality pricing.

Last edited:
It seems the online reviews of the Stilo are a couple years old. For $1000 is the quality there as to the finished assembly? I know it's hard to know how well a helmet will last when looking at it new. After a season do the seams split on the lining? Do the visor detents still work? Have the vent closures fallen off? Does the gell coat have air bubbles and peal off when yor remove a sticker? Did the glue fail for the top pad? These are all things I have had fail on past helmets. I think the Bell helmets fit a more round head and Arai can fit a more oval/longer head. The Stilo may fit the longer head better. Richard, I didn't check the inflation rate but I think I paid about $400 ten years ago for the Bell I have now. An Arai GP5 air is $1100, HJC SI12 $700. And now with head restraints it makes it even more important to sit in the car with everything on to make sure it all works. If the Stilo is OK I might try one out.

It seems the online reviews of the Stilo are a couple years old. For $1000 is the quality there as to the finished assembly? I know it's hard to know how well a helmet will last when looking at it new. After a season do the seams split on the lining? Do the visor detents still work? Have the vent closures fallen off? Does the gell coat have air bubbles and peal off when yor remove a sticker? Did the glue fail for the top pad? These are all things I have had fail on past helmets. I think the Bell helmets fit a more round head and Arai can fit a more oval/longer head. The Stilo may fit the longer head better. Richard, I didn't check the inflation rate but I think I paid about $400 ten years ago for the Bell I have now. An Arai GP5 air is $1100, HJC SI12 $700. And now with head restraints it makes it even more important to sit in the car with everything on to make sure it all works. If the Stilo is OK I might try one out.

If you've not read the links that 'schwank' provided, do sol (Especially the second link..)

For reference, I currently wear an Arai GP5k - however, I've worn Bell in the past.

Regarding fitment: With the Stilo lids, know that you have several different crown pads and cheek pads available so as to make a semi-custom fit to your head. In my case when trying one on, with a quick change to new cheek pads and I was good to go in terms of proper fitment. I've heard both "it fits like and Arai" and "it fits like a Bell" from folks who've tried 'em. As is always the case, you've just got to try it on for yourself to know for certain...

As to the quality, I'd say it is most definitely top-shelf. Materials, fitment, etc. - all very, very good if not excellent.

My helmet painter, Indocil Art - who see most, if not all brands - rates them very highly. The shells have consistent thickness of material. Disassembly and reassembly are done very easily.

From an email they wrote to me regarding Stilo product quality:

I like the Stilos, they rank up there with all the top brands. I have not seen them for a long period of time so I cannot say about how durable they are over a period of time, but the craftsmanship and everything looks great. They fit nicely also...​

When it's time for me to select a new lid, Stilo will likely be my choice.

Hope this info. is of some help.

Kevin, thanks for the info. How do you like your Arai helmet?

I love my Arai.

The interior Nomex unraveled, however Arai took care of it under warranty by replacing the errant interior parts.

I rate them highly.

The only thing that may sway me to a Stilo is the integrated radio and drink system options/provisions in them.

The integrated radio's earmuffs are immensely more comfortable than even custom earplugs...IMHO.

I love my Arai.

The interior Nomex unraveled, however Arai took care of it under warranty by replacing the errant interior parts.

I rate them highly.

The only thing that may sway me to a Stilo is the integrated radio and drink system options/provisions in them.

The integrated radio's earmuffs are immensely more comfortable than even custom earplugs...IMHO.

Thanks. Arai is on my short list for my next helmet that I'll be buying this year.

I know a few east coasters that got them 2 years ago I think? I know a few other 944 guys have been talking about them as well. Apparently the wide opening really gives impressive visibility and the custom features make for a nice overall package (earbuds built-in, hydration & air support).

I have held a Stilo helmet, non carbon and I really liked it. For the price you mentioned that would be complete and wired for radio. I know Cindi Lux had a carbon one at the rose cup race last year. Really nice product.

Back