Season Opener Video Thread

Poorvette Racing

See below for a link to my Group 4 race video. I had a belt give way in my LR tire at the end of the video (cant believe how violent the car started to shake!) and had to bow out but there is some good racing up to that point. I also had a little bobble in Turn 12 but kept it straight-ish. Enjoy!

I think it is going to be fun year in ST!

https://vimeo.com/41750955

Zack, were you down on power during the Enduro Saturday? Sounded like you lost a cylinder..

Nice video Jeremy...ain't racing a ton of fun. I would watch your hands though. Keep them at 9 and 3...I actually saw a time when your right hand was over at 11...It may seem unimportant, but it is a great habit to get into keeping hands at 9 and 3. You will appreciate it if you ever loose traction or have to do some serious steering correction...especially as you become faster and move up in the ranks. Watch Colin Koehler's video's...he's extremely good with his hands even negotiating 3A and 3B at Pacific....

Congratulations on completing your race.

Bill-

Eric, I had a blast as well. I look forward to the rest of the season. It's cool to have both views of the race.

Jeremy, I was running out of gas and my car went in to reserve mode (runs on 4 cylinders). I just barely finished the race but there was nothing wrong with the car, just the guy who put gas in it (me).

Thanks Bill, as I rewatch my video, I notice this as well. I think what was happening is I was trying to position my hands so I could "pull down" into the corner. I will work on keeping the hands a little more fixed to the 9-3 position on the next outing.

Here's 22min of front/rear footage of the 1 hour. (camera batteries..never what you think they are).

https://vimeo.com/41876467

Remember kids, when entering a braking zone, please have all 4 wheels on the pavement.

and

"Dear #71, I'm sorry. I was acting out of self preservation from the motivations to the right of me, please accept my apology. Would you believe it hurt me more than it hurt you :) "

During the track tour the tour guide should say...

"Turn 4 is a fast entry with a single arch-double-apex to entry of Turn 5 leading into a seemingly off camber left hand turn 6.... And here we have turn 7. This is where cars try and occupy the same space and time."

or

"Turn 7... 5 cars will enter, only 2 will leave!

Thanks for the video Colin. Unfortunately my camera mount broke early on Saturday and I have nothing for video for the rest of the weekend. You had a lot of run time against that 911! Also you have the only video I've seen of me and Gary Bockman touching on lap 2 resulting in my spin - first damage in 5 years of racing and it amounts to a tire mark and a tiny paint crack. Glad it ended cleanly and we had a chance to battle for position late in the race.

Great format in my mind... perfect low barrier to entry for other drivers who don't normally do enduros. The mixed traffic was fun and I had a fun race.

Thanks for the video Colin. Unfortunately my camera mount broke early on Saturday and I have nothing for video for the rest of the weekend.

Dude, I have 3 of them and their corresponding suction cup mounts and roll bar mounts. Stop by sometime. I actually had all 3 cameras recording for the ITA race, but then there was nothing worth filming! It's like cable, I've got 250 channels and nothing's on!

Colin - his mount on the camera itself actually broke... I offered him a go pro (since I'm rocking two this season) but he didn't want video of me in front of him. ;o)

I've done some light editing so I'll upload shortly...

So it turns out the Hero 2 is compatible with my Traqmate for automatic power and recording control. So I will have one of those in my car by Pacific.

Nice video. Fun being on track with you. Looks like I had a bit more engine in my Firebird on the straights, but you and Eric were definitely reeling me in in the west end. I purposefully let both of you by on the front straight so I wouldn't hamper/interfere with your race in ST. Hope you will make it to ORP, and we'll have some more fun.

Kevin Smith #03 Firebird

Back