[Sold] Ron Johnson's Red Racing Rabbit ready to hop along to its next owner

bjohnson

We're talking about a 1980 VW Club Rabbit, originally raced in I and H Production, converted to Club Rabbit with a warmer engine. It's got a Tectonics header, 4 wheel disc brakes, 4-speed transmission with Quaife limited slip, dasher hubs and wheel bearings. Also Bilstein coilovers all around. Developed over the years into a very good car, Ron raced it to class wins and championships. It's easy to drive, easy to maintain, and relatively inexpensive to race. The engine in the car, hubs and bearings all have 2 races on them. The car was last raced at the Ridge in 2014. There's a packrat's hoard of spare parts too - cylinder heads, long block, CV joints, half shafts, clutch, transmision, 3 sets of wheels and tires, and a transponder. You can call me if you're interested in the car, but if you have any questions about it's mechanics, I'll refer you to the guy who worked on it with Ron!

Also, it's sitting on a very useful trailer with a tilt bed and power winch, including a covered cubby for wheels and tires. There's even an excellent 1990 GMC van if you don't already own a tow rig.

The asking price on the car is $4,000 and the trailer is $1,000. I'm not sure what I'm asking for the van, but I do love package deals, don't you?

This is an excellent way to get into racing inexpensively or to keep your license number warm while your serious racecar is in therapy - and it's a cool connection to a very special member of the local racing community.

Bonnie Johnson, proud IRDC member for 18 years!
206-783-2641

Last edited:
Well, the good news is that a worthy young novice has taken the Red Racing Rabbit home, which should bring him years of family fun and personal satisfaction. The bad news is, I cannot figure out how to change the status of the car from "for sale" to "sold" or even better to delete the notice completely. If anybody has any knowledge that would help me, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, this thing is going to sit here till the end of time.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

When logged in as you, and you're looking at the original post, there should be an "Edit Post" icon in the gray bar at the bottom of the post. Click on that. It will bring up a window where you can edit the text of the post. At the bottom pf the editing window you'll see Save, Cancel, and Go Advanced buttons - click on Go Advanced. That will take you to yet another page, where there's a "Prefix" choice list towards the top. Click on that and select "Sold", and then Save Changes at the bottom.

Cheers

Hi, Bob!

1) Thanks!

2) "Go Advanced"?! Wonder why I didn't figure out what that meant on my own - it's not like it's totally obscure and incomprehensible or anything!

Anyway, I feel much better now - the car's sold and the post says so. All's good with the world, for now. . .

See you - Bonnie

Back