roll bars

In a strict sense, yes - the front hoop is the front point that the "broomstick" is perched on while the back is set on the top of the roll bar. That "broomstick" must pass safely above the driver's head when seated in the car so your helmet isn't the point of balance if the car finds itself upside down. Most formula cars are required to be "homologated" which is paperwork that stays with the car as proof that it was designed and engineered to meet an acceptable safety standard and those front and rear rollover structures are a part of that homologation.

In a strict sense, yes - the front hoop is the front point that the "broomstick" is perched on while the back is set on the top of the roll bar. That "broomstick" must pass safely above the driver's head when seated in the car so your helmet isn't the point of balance if the car finds itself upside down. Most formula cars are required to be "homologated" which is paperwork that stays with the car as proof that it was designed and engineered to meet an acceptable safety standard and those front and rear rollover structures are a part of that homologation.
thanks for clarifying.

Do you have a specific example I can help you with? I have issued a lot of logbooks over the last few years - happy to help if I can.

Back