Racing from East to West

philbmw

After 25 years, I sold my race car, rig, and spares and moved from Montreal to Victoria. Now, I want back in and will be renting rides to race here on the Left Coast. Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I have a couple of technical questions. What is the helmet standard for 2022? Is my 2010 SA helmet still acceptable? Do my HANS tethers need to be 2022 current?

Thanks for the help.

Phil

As of this year, you need an SA 2015 or later helmet (2021 was the last year for SA 2010... ask me how I know). Conference doesn't currently require certification for your HANS device.

The 2022 helmet standard actually didn't change from last year for ICSCC. The SA2010 is still being accepted assuming it's in good condition. Normally the standard would have changed but with Canadian clubs still accepting the SA2010 and the FIA supporting the use of SA2010 helmets through the end of 2023, the decision was made to accept them this year and re-access at the end of the year. So for ICSCC, the SA2010 will be accepted through 2022 and possibly through the end of 2023.

Thanks, Chris. I hope you are right. I guess I'll wait for the 2022 rulebook to be issued before I let $500+ dollars escape from my bank account.

The 2022 helmet standard actually didn't change from last year for ICSCC. The SA2010 is still being accepted assuming it's in good condition. Normally the standard would have changed but with Canadian clubs still accepting the SA2010 and the FIA supporting the use of SA2010 helmets through the end of 2023, the decision was made to accept them this year and re-access at the end of the year. So for ICSCC, the SA2010 will be accepted through 2022 and possibly through the end of 2023.
Was that posted anywhere? Did I miss it in a Memo or something?

No you didn't miss anything, it hasn't been announced yet (except for here). The decision was just completed today so I'm sure an email will be going out soon. On a different subject, the online license application was also accepted today and that should be up any day for drivers to start renewing and applying for licenses.

Back