Racer needs good Porsche technical advice

jc_cuevas

I need to find the best Porsche guy here in the East side.

I need to find a good honest and reasonable Porsche technician here in the Redmond/Bellevue area. Preferably someone with racing and high performance experience and know how.

Racers trust and care for other racers and when it comes to this sort of thing, racers will only recommend "top drawer" individuals to provide maintenance and technical assistance.

Who is the top Porsche guy in the East side.

Many thanks

J.C.

I'm sure there are several racers around that can help. BUT...

Looking for a top notch Porsche mechanic who knows his stuff including GT3's you can't do better then SQUIRES AUTOWERKE in Bellevue 425 641-3212. He maintains a lotta Porsche hardware scene at Pacific.

Hi Jesus,

There are many good shops that can be recommended. I have personal experience with most. Some are better for one thing than another, sorta depends upon what you're trying to get done. Two that come immediately to mind;

Monte at Redmond European is my choice for Porsche street cars, old to new, to club racing type cars. A straight shooter, very honest, a true gentleman. The shop rates are connected to reality too, none of the Porsche tax type premuim hinkey stuff. His number is 425-376-2655.

If you have a Cup car or some kind of contemporary factory racing hardware, Coiln at Cantrell Motorsports is well regarded. His phone is 425-820-0231.

There are some that should be avoided, if you want to have a private conversation we can do that.

+1 for Cantrell Motorsports. Colin really knows his stuff and is a good guy who will make sure it's done right.

We had Leif replace the engine in our 996 cabriolet a little over a year ago (brand-new, 0 hours motor from PNA... free!!) and he got it done quickly, professionally, and for a very reasonable price. He's raced Porsches, built race Porsches, and used to be pretty senior at Barrier before going into business for himself. Good guy, too, and very easy to work with.

Leif Johnson
Autowerks Northwest
19607 200th Ave N.E.
Woodinville WA 98077

425-788-3476
ljohnson@autowerksnorthwest.com

Rick Broadhead,

Man, it's good to see you post again.
We have been missing you. It's been a long haul for you.

Love,
Lynn, Thomas, and the rest of the Gang.

Cantrell Motorsports
Without getting into the gory details, I had a number of bad experiences with Speedware and vowed never to return there. I know Cantrell worked for Speedware at some point -- how close is the affiliation? How does Cantrell's knowledge and attitude compare to Speedware's?

Thanks!

I go to Chris' German Auto. Chris is a rocket scientist (literally), and used to build engines for one of the IMSA teams around here. Mostly does street cars, but works on race cars all the time. Ted Anthony Jr's dad works there.

Thank you everyone.

I am glad to see that there are good people with great reputations amongst all the Porsche expertise.

I am in desperate need to upgrade the exhaust system in my Carrera. I've been told that there are after market systems that can be switch from "growly" to quiet at the flick of a switch. Driving a Porsche without the "Porsche growl" is almost like driving ............................. a Miata or one of those BMW "Z" things. :)

Seriously; ................................

It is interesting to note that the same names, good and bad, keep coming up from various sources.

It is almost impossible to hide a bad company and their technicians. It is most definitely impossible not to note who the honest, talented and caring technicians are.

Again thank you for your good advice.

J.C.

My 911 has a stock exhaust, but I run a Borla on my street-going M3. I love the system because it's got a quiet rumble at idle and less than, say, 2000 rpm -- but quiets down at higher engine speeds so it never gives me a headache from lots of noise on long drives.

Rick Broadhead,

Man, it's good to see you post again.
We have been missing you. It's been a long haul for you.

Love,
Lynn, Thomas, and the rest of the Gang.

Thanks Lynn,

GOOD to do a little something :)

Cannot really say "I'm back yet". After being on complete life support for 7 weeks I awoke to find my life turned upside down.... LOL. Still living in a recovery place and working on regaining my strength from the strokes (good enough to flag now but NOT 1st respond). BIG changes coming in life. Will be moving in with Jeff once he gets a room remodeled (mother now living with brother and his wife... Ughhhh

thanks again for the well wishes.

Mike:

>>My 911 has a stock exhaust, but I run a Borla on my street-going M3. I love the system because it's got a quiet rumble at idle and less than, say, 2000 rpm -- but quiets down at higher engine speeds so it never gives me a headache from lots of noise on long drives. <<

Thanks Mike, that's exactly what I am hoping for.

I would love to feel and HEAR the wonderful acceleration of the Carrera and eliminate the so called, headache causing noise on long drives. It would be absolutely counter productive to have a very expensive Alpine sound system if you can not hear it while just cruising on those long drives.

I am still having difficulties adjusting my shift patterns because I can not hear the revs. Often times I am surprised to see high RPM's on the freeway due to the fact that I can't hear the engine. A lot of that comes with not being accustomed to having six gears.

As I mentioned earlier, I would love to hear and experience the wonderful Porsche "growl" while driving on some of those wonderful back roads. There is no sound system known to any motor sport person that will ever replace the "music" of a 3.4 liter Porsche engine; ................... Ferrari's being the only exception.

>>Cannot really say "I'm back yet". After being on complete life support for 7 weeks I awoke to find my life turned upside down.... LOL. Still living in a recovery place and working on regaining my strength from the strokes (good enough to flag now but NOT 1st respond). BIG changes coming in life. Will be moving in with Jeff once he gets a room remodeled (mother now living with brother and his wife... Ughhhh<<

Rick:

I am sorry to hear about your health issues and I am very happy to know you are recovering well. I look forward to seeing you wearing your "whites" next season.

All the best;

J.C.

Hey JC, please tell me that you have watched the in-car video of "Trunk Monkey" spinning the safety truck in Turn 11 at the ChumpCar event???????
It is posted on the ChumpCar thread on about page 3 or 4.

You'll love it.

BTW: Do I get to go for a ride in your carcar?

I saw that vid Kynn and laughed appropriately, which was loud and long!

It is great to hear from you Rick, and we all are anxious to see you in person next spring.

Wes

Other then losing over 20 pounds, I don't look any different, Wes :)

It was 'delayed' unnecessarily but I'm getting my feeding tube taken out on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to that VERY much. Hard going through life with an 'extra' tube hanging off the front of you :)

Back