[For Sale] RACECAR & RATROD TRUCK - BUNK BEDS for sale

Coley Tipton

About 4 years ago, my boys said they wanted their own “race garage,” so I decided to build them one. They thoroughly enjoyed it for years, but 16 year olds don’t really want car beds, so we made some changes.

I figure there might be someone in the club whose kid(s) love cars too? This could obviously be used as one bed platform w/ extra floor space as well.

So what we have is a sturdy “Car Lift” with 4x6 legs and 4x4 frame all notched together for strength. The upper bed is everyone’s favorite Chaparral, and we parked a Ratrod Truck in the lower hole. I love details, so I built a scale version of the famous MDF V8 with working rope light spark plug wires. Complete with grille and radiator and RX7 fan blades. (It's a true Ratrod)

I have fairly low ceilings, so the height should fit most spaces. Both beds are supported by Ikea spring slats, and both ikea mattresses are available if that doesn’t creep you out. Mattresses always had covers so no stains. :)

The build list for this ensemble was over $850 and easily 40 hours of work. I’m not trying to build a bed business and turn a profit, so I think $500 is a fair price considering what they charge for simple beds these days, not to mention the more authentic racecar beds. This is a fun set that received a ton of compliments over the years. Let me know if there are questions. Boogity Boogity Boogity!! 2 5 3 racecar 3 FOUR 7 racecar 6 4 PHIVE FIVE

Attachments

• stacked.jpg
    stacked.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 380
  • BedFrame.jpg
    BedFrame.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 367
  • details.jpg
    details.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 372
  • slats.jpg
    slats.jpg