Race Administration Meeting

GLBerry

HI folks. Can anyone tell me what all is covered, and who should participate in the upcoming Race Administration Zoom meeting? Is this more for those involved with administering the race weekends or for drivers as well? I am trying to organize my schedule for that March 19 weekend.

Thanks.

HI folks. Can anyone tell me what all is covered, and who should participate in the upcoming Race Administration Zoom meeting? Is this more for those involved with administering the race weekends or for drivers as well? I am trying to organize my schedule for that March 19 weekend.

Thanks.
The focus is for race volunteers to get together and discuss things related to their respective roles and specialties - registrars, flagging, race chairs, timing and scoring, stewards, etc, etc. But drivers should feel free to attend as well. Learning more about what it takes to put on a race and meeting some of the people involved is usually an eye opener for drivers and a valuable experience. You get a new perspective.

From my own experience - when I took over as License Director in 2010 (?) I went to the RATS meeting to talk with flaggers. I asked them what they thought I should be emphasizing in Novice meetings and on-track exercises. I learned a lot from them, big things and small, that had never occurred to me and hadn't been covered when I was a Novice.

Thanks Bob. That day is just getting crazy busy. I would like to view it though. Do you know if it will be recorded for future use?

Back