Promotional video for The Ridge Motorsports Park

The best just keep getting better and better. Joe and Rod are doing everything first class and it's nice to see local drivers in the promo. Keep it up guys...

Emphasis on the "park" and somewhat less so on the "motorsports" part of "The Ridge Motorsports Park."

Emphasis on the "park" and somewhat less so on the "motorsports" part of "The Ridge Motorsports Park."

Agree. Although high quality production and excellent basic concept, looks like a trip through the trees and grass lands of the west with an after thought of racing. Too much music and no engine sounds also.. sigh.

Last edited:
The editing was intentionally heavy on the setting and geography. While these data points seem ordinary and rather routine to us around here, they're actually rather unique in the context of typical racing facilities. This promotional video is targeting people and groups not from around here, since the people around here can easily enough check it out for themselves...

While these data points seem ordinary and rather routine to us around here, they're actually rather unique in the context of typical racing facilities.

True, but nobody goes to a racing facility for the scenery around it. I think the sound is fine as-is (does anyone not know what a Porsche flat-6 sounds like?), but maybe more of a 70/30 track/surroundings video split might've been better. Of course, given the state of the track when made, I guess focusing too much on the track itself would've made it look half-baked.

All that aside, this kind of production value (much like the video on the front page of icscc.com) would go a long way toward jazzing up Conference racing for the non-ICSCC public.

The editing was intentionally heavy on the setting and geography. While these data points seem ordinary and rather routine to us around here, they're actually rather unique in the context of typical racing facilities. This promotional video is targeting people and groups not from around here, since the people around here can easily enough check it out for themselves...

Have to agree with you there, Randy. That's the reason I fell deeply in love with Pacific Raceway the second I first drove into the facility! Unique scenery and setting till they felled the trees in the paddock... sigh. Both The Ridge and Pacific have to rivel Road America, VIR and Blackhawk Farms in terms of setting. Better then the old Torrey Pines too :)

See Richard, you articulated what we intended. Remember, this is a nationwide audience we are presenting to at Daytona. So, as I said in the vid description, those of us that lived here our entire lives are jaded. However, the "ambiance" in the vid is meant to set the scene, draw the viewer in. You would all be surpised at the reaction we are getting nationwide, people are awed, with the surroundings.

Then, the cars, slowly panning, that is the hook with bait on it, slowly put in the water. As the tempo picks up, the viewer (the fish) starts to get the adrenaline running, ans swallows the bait. Then, when it is finally at near the end, and the vid fades you, the pole is jerked, the hook is set, and..................

We get compared to Road America and VIR. Game, set, match. Exactly what it supposed to do.

No worry though, we have about four hours of pro vid that we will weave together for the local crew, helicopter and ground based, so you will see more track and more car. But, as I said in the vid description, we don't don't need to sell the locals, they already swallowed the bait, and enjoyed the taste (especially me!!)

RP

Back