PRO3 tire group buy?

schwank

Code X Motorsports
With the recent warmer weather I have finally gotten out to start working on the car for the 2012 season. Last year the PRO3 group ran a pre-season tire group buy through TreadZone.com. Even better they opened it up to other racers, and I was happy with the pricing and with TreadZone's service. At the end of the season I even received a $50 rebate coupon for my next set of BFG R1's!

Any word on something like this coming together this spring?

Word comes to me privately that this year is a different matter. Ah well... guess that's another subtle poke towards Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Eric,

I still have yet to follow up with my lead regarding a Goodyear RS DOT contingency program for ITA but if you have lots of 944cup guys out this year they may be willing to do something with you all as well. I actually prefer the Goodyear over the HoHo's due to their greater longevity.

Colin, we are actually waiting on the 944Cup national group for word from Goodyear as well. They are looking at a possible national contingency for us. The only downside is that as far as we can see the goodyears are only available in a 225/45-15 and not a 50 series. Not a huge deal but it does change effective gearing just a bit.

I have a reasonably good set of BFG's to start the season on so we're all kind of a waiting mode trying to figure out our options.

They have 205/50/15. The Goodyears are WIDE tires, like the Hoosiers are. The 205 Goodyear is as wide as a 225 Toyo, easily.

Back