Pro 3 Guys.....

thomas_liesner

TPFD Best Care Anywhere
I just wanted to thank all the PRO 3 Guys for all their hard work on Saturday's Dinner. You Guys are amazing. The food was fabulous, there was lots of it and the fact that the workers got served dinner was much appreciated after a long day on the Turns. Thanks Guys.

Although next time I think Mike needs to wear a skirt...... okay maybe thats not such a good idea.

It's a KILT! Not a skirt!

I'm really thrilled with how it turned out, even with the less than ideal soggy conditions. I estimate that we fed about 150 people, roughly 45 of them were workers. Thanks to the dozen or so other folks with patience as they ended up having to wait for the 5th batch of chicken to come off the grill...(well, aside from Rick Delmare who accused the PRO3 guys of holding up the ITA racers again...)

Special thanks to my crew who helped make it happen: Fred "I like my chicken rare" Wright and Scott "I grill like Ayrton Senna drives" Hieronymus on the grill, assisted by Ryan "don't make me cook" Hieronymus; Jason "It's pronounced Vee-In" Vein working the crowd and serving up the late-to-arrive green beans; Chuck "I'm not a people person" Hurley serving dinner, the Cannooks - Martin "Potato Salad" Berryman, Rob "I like Ranch dressing" Johnston, Les "Is More" Soman, and Garry "Chicken on the" Bone who all jumped in and started slinging food.

Greg "Don't make me use this!" Miller was on the green bean patrol, and even Mark "Hey, I'm Local!" Estes pitched in and he wasn't even driving! Mark collected the donated bread and cookies from Panera Bread in Beaverton for this event and saved me a bunch of time with that. Then he hung around and helped serve the hungry masses. My Crew Chief, Joe "Don't make a driver do math" Olsen, stepped up and filled plates.

Bob "Just call me 'License Director'" Mearns managed to help upgrade several Novice drivers after their race, then came down to help us clean up (no easy task when everything was drenched.)

All in all, the BBQ went well and we really enjoyed doing it!

Much of the food that wasn't used was donated to a local food bank. The extra chicken, however, since it had been opened and was marinading, well, that's in my freezer. I figure Christmas gifts are taken care of this year! "Oh look! Mike got mom a bag of chicken! How special."

Last edited:
Tucker gave the opportunity to Rick to rent his ITA bmw (pro3 look a like) in the G2 race. he was very different from his normal self when in our area. and Tucker was still almost 2 seconds faster. it was a very entertaining weekend for me with all the events going on.

I think I can speak for the PRO3 guys/gals that it was our privilege and honor to serve the workers. I hope it helped to show how much we appreciate your dedication to "OUR" (meaning all inclusive) sport, which without you no one would be racing.

Last edited:
Back