PIR 1st Race

Karen Stimson

What a great weekend! If you weren't there, you missed some perfect racing weather.

Thanks again to all those who made it possible for us to get out there and do something fun after a long, long, long ... winter of rain.

The regular groups were a bit under-attended. It would have been nice to have more traffic out there. But the novice CW groups was huge and they had some great experience going wheel-to-wheel.

It was fun to see everyone, get the winter cobwebs brushed off, and show off the new look. Scott Goodrich had fixed our fiberglass and put on the paint, and Danny Bradshaw's brother helped Mike apply the new graphics.
(much better than the 2-yr-old -sprayed on in the barn -grease absorbing Krylon paint job.... )
Never ceases to amaze me how cool Conference people are, how being friendly and helpful is so often more important than beating the competition. :)

Had a great weekend and the Novice race was a hoot! Couldn't have asked for better for my first race as a Novice. Thanks to all of the volunteers who helped make this weekend happen.

Martin Wild

Thanks everybody for being so friendly! This was my first Novice weekend, and I don't think I could have felt more welcomed into any group! Unfortunately some bad luck w/ the radiator tank caused an overheat and headgasket failure (warping the head), so I missed the novice race... None the less it was so much fun, I just can't wait to get back out there!

Cheers,

Ben Weaver
#451 Volvo

Ben, it was a nice suprise seeing you out there racing this weekend! Sorry about the car troubles, I know you were looking forward to racing.

Kevin

Excellent kickoff to the Conference racing season in the Northwest. Thanks to all those many volunteers for making it all possible. My son and I talked many years ago about racing together and to see him take his first green/checker flag, well it was just a special weekend.

Bill-

Back